Pains in leg and jaw, seemingly related

Posted , 3 users are following.

My partner has suddenly started suffering with severe pain in her upper left leg when she moves. This has developed over just a couple of days to the point she can't stand up. Sometimes the pain seems to transfer from her leg to her right jaw. She has also been suffering from mysterious pains in her upper abdomen for around one week which may or may not be related.

She saw two GPs last week about the stomach pains but they were unsure of the reason. The first GP suspected muscular and second thought it could be gastro . The leg and jaw pain were only starting at this point but in just a couple of days have become debilitating. She is otherwise well, no temperature, redness or tenderness.

Does this sound like a nerve problem with a relation between leg and jaw? She had a cesarean section 10 weeks ago and had otherwise recovered but we wondered if the epidural might have caused a problem.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The abdominal pain may well have have been cause by the C Section. Surgery can disturb nerves as well as the epidural which also could have hit a nerve. I am surprised neither doctor has considered this possibility. However, doctors don't always like to admit that surgery can cause complications. I don't understand why pain would migrate to the jaw.

• Posted

I don't know what this could be specifically, for her and her circumstances. I have struggled with severe pain in my leg, leading to other pains in my body, including my jaw. I can tell you that it seemed to be somewhat resolved with an iron supplement and magnesium. Depression can also cause pains in the body, so my doctor also prescribed 5htp, an amino acid, even though I didnt feel particularly depressed (but was very stressed die to work) . Deficiencies should only be considered once everything else is ruled out. Note: my iron was not below normal, but it was very low. My first doctor did not tell me this, so it is important that she advocates for herself. I hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.