pains in legs

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies, i am having yet another problem and my anxiety is working overtime as a result. I started  with a strange sensation like  numb but, not in my 2nd and 3rd toe on my left foot a couple of weeks ago For the past few days i have had an ache in my left calf , it is not red , swollen or sore to touch just feels achy. Anyway, last night i had awful heavy, achy legs both calves. I could not get comfy had to keep pacing. I went to bed as shattered as up through the previous night as flooding (currently on day 24 of a period). I woke this morning all fine but as the day has gone on my calves are twitching and ache again. Anyone experience this, is it menopausal symptoms and has anyone got any ideas how to help?  

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, yes, the twitching and achy legs, toes and calves are quite common during perimenopause and menopause. I usually rub some magnesium oil spray before bed (especially on calves and ankles) and the pain / twitching is not so bad then. Plus you get the benefit of magnesium that we all lack.
    • Posted

Hi Prat, thank you for your reply, i get really anxious with every new  symptom i experience. I hate feeling like this and worry that there is something seriously wrong with me. x
  • Posted

Hi Amanda, I get something similar. I'm here with it now- worrying!! The middle toes on my left foot, my thumb and 4th finger on left too. I also get what feels like an achy weakness in my arms...bit like you describe in your calves??? It comes and goes. Along with horrible dizziness. I don't want you to suffer but I feel less alone! Annie xx

• Posted

Hi Annie-mae, like you i dont want anyone to suffer but glad others feel the same xx
  • Posted

I get nerve pain in my feet and ankles by the end of the day. So I don’t know if it’s a common thing with peri 
  • Posted

Hi Amanda - my achy joints have primarily been in my arms, ankles, hands etc. It almost feels like my tendons are inflamed.   I continue to suffer from tingling sensations in my hands & feet.  I have also suffered from electric “zapping” but am not experiencing that lately.  My new exciting symptom was an extreme burning sensation in my upper back that traveled to my chest & up my neck & a little in my face - that first happened to me in the dead of sleep & woke me up & prompted me to go to the ER.  That episode was a week ago & the burning sensation happened again last night in the early morning hours.  About a month ago I had an intense burning sensation on the front part of my calves that lasted for 2 weeks - I am currently trying to rule out a few things with the burning in my back - my dr is having me tested for carcinoid syndrome & is wondering if I might be getting shingles (even though I have had the vaccination against it) I think it is just yet another symptom of menopause, but am so anxious about it all -  this is all so overwhelming & frankly too much to deal with on a daily basis - 

• Posted

Hi Amanda - Sorry, I was just trying to illustrate that your symptoms seem in line with the dreaded peri/memo symptoms that some experience - I didn’t mean to rant about all my “issues” but just wanted you to see that there are a whole “boatload” of symptoms that are associated with hormones & this condition. 

• Posted

Magnesium at night is so helpful!! I take two capsules before bed
    • Posted

Hi Amanda, I’m in Canada and I get my supplements from a Heath Food store. We also have holistic pharmacy’s which carry great supplements like magnesium.
  • Posted

I’ve had my left calf ultrasounded numerous times because of that. Always worried it was a DVT clot, especially when I was trying the bios. It’s always fine. Sometimes I think hormones will make my spider veins hurt. I also get the burning and tingling in my left foot and sometimes my right. The doc says it has nothing to do with hormones, but yet can’t tell me what it’s from. So anything and everything that’s a mystery I just chalk up to stupid pause. 
  • Posted

Hi Amanda, I have had the same feeling in my left calf area for years... it aches and sometimes feels very heavy... it feels that if I look down it will be triple in size and red ... but it's normal looking. Also, sometimes at night it feels like there's little jumping beans jumping around in my calf... not real bad, but noticeable... I think mine is restless leg.  I've had it off and on for about 10 years... good luck to you and I hope you start feeling much better 💕🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.