Pains left of belly button towards groin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I've had bladder cancer, small growth picked up almost three years ago after routine urine sample identified

invisible blood,

I've had loose and hard poo every since teenage years now 62. I've had a fissure 35 years ago have piles as long.

I've had the cam up my rear several times and more recently a few months ago when poo become thin

on and off and they diagnosed a bit of diverticulitis got fybo gel and Buscopan. Reason got cam was thin, intermittent poo and pains, burning left of belly button travels to legs, laps both at times and was ok-ish after diagnosis and fybogel. Recent weeks worse, went to docs the other day gave me antibiotics on 5th day of 7 course no difference doc making urgent referral because of my history.

Did stools test, no invisible blood in poo this was this week result.

Thinking about it I had these symptoms not as bad 3 years ago just before I early retired and especaily when after eating and wearing a tight belt like glass stuck in left to belly button 4 inches to left, up and below but usually a sizzilning feeling rarely when lying down or standing up. Usually happens seated on sofa but not when driving.

I'm eating well but recetaly fear eating.

I also have a hiatus hernia 8 years and severe acid reflux take omeprazol,

I am worried as I am like that recently had extra stress as well - many thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Has IBS been mentioned? Perhaps your bladder treatment has left behind irritation?

• Posted

Thanks - no its not been mentioned but the diverticulitis has. the bladder thing was almost three years ago and i had the symptoms before then but not as bad.

• Posted

You mention a "sizzling feeling". Do you think this might be gas moving about in your intestines? You also say you fear eating. Is this because of the effects you think it might have on you, or because food is starting to disgust you and you struggle to get it down?

The reason for these questions is that I've recently been treated - successfully so far - for an intestinal condition that causes excessive gas and loss of appetite to the point of actual disgust at the thought of eating (especially eating meat). It's a condition not a lot of doctors know about and which we're forbidden to mention on these boards for some reason. I've recently had two posts on the subject deleted without explanation. (I suspect this is because someone - not me! - may have been trying to promote a book about it, so it now comes under the heading of "campaigning".)

Anyway, I have an unusually well-read GP, who picked up on the odd symptoms I was describing and cured me with an 8-day course of a rather exotic antibiotic. The difference for me has been like night and day, though the doc warned me it would come back periodically and I'd probably need regular courses of treatment.

If you're having problems with excessive gas (and I mean catastrophically excessive) and difficulty getting food down, there could be a possibility that this is the same thing. If the answer to these two questions is yes, I'd be interested to hear from you. In that case, I can either describe the condition in a roundabout way in an open post or send you a private message via this site. (PMs via the Patient site don't reveal the identity of either party.)

• Posted

Thanks to both.

No excessive flatulence at all actually less so - used to go to be and after ten mins in bed passed wind but not last 2 weeks. Fear of eating is the pain afterwards, usually no pain, sensations when lying down or standing up but seater on sofa and pain radiates towards

groin to knee and at times less sensation on right side but almost always left side.

As I said, going to the loo helps a little.

Thanks

• Posted

do you still take a bowel softener? you may need to add one back in if you don't, it might help with the pain and constipation. if you do then start to look for more support!

• Posted

Yes, was taking 2 fybogels after food one in the morning and one around 6pm after diner,

• Posted

hmm, sometimes if you're bowel is really bunged up you may need more than 2 sachets a day. i think you should ask for some advice, you may have pulled something by straining and this may make your muscles ache on this side. ring your doctor's. good luck and ouch!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.