Pains, Tingling, and Muscle Twitches

Posted , 2 users are following.

In August, I started having terrible left arm pain. It was like a mix of muscle aches and carpel/ulner tunnel. My fingers ached and my hand felt tight and stiff and the arm itself just aches and felt as though there was a band around my bicep like elastic. After about a week, it seemed to be affecting the other arm as well, but only mildly. After about three weeks, chest tightness set in. Queue ER workup- everything was deemed fine and the symptoms went away after about a total of five weeks to be replaced by a lovely month long bout of stomach discomfort.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving week. The area on the back outside of my right knee begins burning and aching. Anti-inflammatories, heating pads, nothing helped. Could even feel something occasionally pop when walking. First thought was I pulled something, but I had no clue how. About two weeks in, other symptoms start. Band feeling around my lower calf, chest tightness returns, and stabbing pains like needles and or someone pressing on bruises randomly. There was even phantom sensations like water running downy calf when there was nothing there. Tingling also sets in on my left side from my lips down to my foot. Then the muscle twitches started. They're pretty much random in location but appear to really like my calf and lower left back.

Most of the symptoms have subsided except a few random aches, the twitches, side aches at the bottom of the ribs. Also have a similar stomach discomfort set in, but i just finished a bout of antibiotics so maybe that can be explained. I have ADD so used to brain fog, but it feels worse this year and I'm stumbling over and repeating or completely forgetting words. Dysphasia has also been an issue. There has been too many times I've gone to swallow food or drink just to have it sit at the back of my throat. Ive seen a Neuro and learned from him I also have have postural tremors so an MRI has been scheduled to rule some stuff out, but does this sound like anything someone else has dealt with or have ideas for what may be the cause? I have low D, but always have. Aside from that, all labs were great. Dr. mentioned MS when talking about the MRIs, so a little concerned.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.