Pains under ribs

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was recently admitted to hospital with pains under the right of my rib cage , was on a. Drip and antibiotics for 2 days , I was finally discharged and was informed it was possibly gastritis , I felt extremely tired and was signed off work for a week, I then went back to work for a week before suffering sharp pains again yet this time on my left under my ribs and was laid up in bed over the weekend , went to work Monday and began getting pains in my right side and also in my right shoulder , went to the doctors on Tuesday and was signed off for a further 2 weeks with the doctor informing me I needed rest as all my blood tests and scans had come back clear , I was off this last week with pain in my shoulder and right side with heart burn also , since yesterday I have had severe pain in my left side again which is sometimes so bad I can't sit or lay down! Night times a nightmare ! It's worse when I eat , this has gone on for almost 4 weeks now and really getting me down and wanting to sleep!! I am a 23 year old female

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I completely know how you feel I have had similar problems for years now with recurring gastritis and duoentitis. Have you been tested for problems with your gallbladder or for h pylori? I had h pylori and suffered pain like a constant throb, heartburn and bad spasms. It's the not getting an answer from the tests that gets to me to, I have had clear tests for months but know something is wrong. Get back to the doctors and keep at them.

Xx

• Posted

Thanks for the reply , I've had several ultrasound scans and X-rays and was told there are no gall stones , last time I went to the doctors a week ago he told me it could possibly be a viral infection , I feel like there just guessing and hoping whatever it is will go away , I can't lay on either of my sides yet can't sleep on my back so the last few weeks have been hell ! The spasms are so painful I just wish there was something I could do or take to take the pain away !! Doctor said rest will cure this but I've had nearly 3 weeks off work which I can't afford to do and it's not getting any better !! X
  • Posted

Oh my goodness the pain I have from the spasms are the exact same!!!! I completely understand how you feel. I wake through the night with the spams. Try taking solpadeine, I found these are the only thing which ease the pain. Don't take asprin, iduprofen. Paracetamol with a low dose of codeine is best. It's all very well doctors saying rest but it's not just as easy as that, I understand. Please keep at them and don't give up, see different doctors as well. I hope you get something sorted soon. X
  • Posted

Think I'll give them a whirl , thank you very much for your help ! Rubbish that your suffering to but it's also nice to know I'm not the only one ! Let me know if you find out or have any further luck at the doctors! X
  • Posted

Yes and vice versa, be good to know. Good luck! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.