Pale Coloured Stools For Two Months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Hoping to get a little feedback from anyone with a little experience in this area. 

I've been passing light coloured stools for the past two months. However, the degree of lightness varies: on one occasion I passed a stool which was very pale (borderline grey), but generally they vacillate between pale yellow and light brown. That being said, if I eat wholewheat pasta or bran flakes, my stools are normal (medium brown) upon my next visit to to the toilet. I'm also finding that with a slight increase in fibre, I can pass both light brown/yellow stools and medium brown in the same movement...

I have seen my local G.P., because I also had some pain below my right shoulder blade, and they tested everything from liver and kidney function through to inflammation and blood count and all was normal. 

I explained that I had recently switched to a vegan diet and I am concerned that they are putting the stools down to diet exclusively, but the stool and back pain occurred well before this... The G.P. has told me not to worry, but any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you you in advance for your time.

Victor 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I read your problems and I think it could be your gallbladder.  All the issues you are describing tends to lean toward the gallbladder. I would have that checked out. Good luck with everything.
    • Posted

Thanks so much, Bernice. The doctor mentioned that initially but dismissed it because of the location of the pain/ache and the fact that the pain isn't significant or continuous. However, I agree, it's something I want to get checked.

Thanks again smile 

Vic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.