Pale stool with white clay like bit? Any advice or knowledge please

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have passed a pale stool with white clay like covering in places and streaked with blood, please help advice what to do and why this might have happened!!;(

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Are you feeling sick? Was it soft/hard? The stool color could  could possibly be food related. Did you notice any clear mucas mixed with it? The blood streaks may be hemmeroid related.
    • Posted

I have felt sick recently but I usually go though periods of nausea. It was a soft light brown and fluffy with white clay like coating in places. There was also streaks of blood. I didn’t notice any clear mucous. I do have ulcerative colitis and suffer with internal hemmeroids but they will not operate due to my Colitis. Thank you for your reply - hope you can help. I’m panicking over it 
    • Posted

I have passed stools with white bits in before but assumed it was hemmeroid cream but I’m not using it anymore so it can’t be. I think I have passed normal stools since the first time I passed a white one
    • Posted

Hi Brooke,

Please don't panic.  Get a sample to your GP asap and see if he/she can give you any advice.  Meanwhile, are you on any other medication?  I know that the drug, Metformin, commonly given for type 2 diabetes, can deliver white bits in the stools, but I note you said it was more of a white, clay-like covering.  

Since I developed UC in the latter part of 2011 my stools have been erratic in colour, texture and frequency.

All the very best - and try not to worry too much; easier said than done, I know.

Kindest regards,

Peter A

• Posted

Hi Peter, thank you for your reply, I’m going to call the doctor and tomorrow and get the the walk in clinic on Thursday morning. The only medication I am on is the oral contraceptive pill and Octasa 800mg tablets. 

And I can second you regarding the variation in stools but this has gotten me more worried than usual. I appreciate your reply.

• Posted

Good luck with the appointment, Brooke. Have you a small, discreet container in which you can take a sample to the doctor? 

Stating the obvious, I don't have personal experience of the oral contraception pill (!) - but I do of the mesalazine, which I found to be very effective. I do very much hope that nothing much, if indeed anything, is wrong. As I mentioned before, since developing UC, bowel movements have become far more variable than ever they were before, so maybe it's 'just one of things'?  

Will you please report back so we know you're OK?       

All the very best,

Peter A

• Posted

Hi Peter, bm this morning had only some tiny white dots and was brown - I have had intermittent white bits in stools before - good sign that it’s not constant?? I’m still going to get it checked out of course.
  • Posted

Hi Brooke.  

Many thanks for your reply.

I do find some of these inconsistent symptoms to be a bit of a confusing nightmare, to be honest. I imagine that if you've experienced them before, then there's probably nothing significant occurring in those dark and mysterious recesses of your digestive tract, but like you I'd still want to get a professional opinion to confirm my feelings, so I am sure seeing your doctor is without doubt the wisest course of action. 

Would you be prepared to share the outcome with us? Knowledge is power, so they say! 

With kindest thoughts and every good wish,

Peter A 

• Posted

Hi Peter, just been to the docs. He was unsure and thinks issue may be to do with my liver. Been sent for blood tests next week and an ultrasound in the new year. Fingers crossed. Will keep you updated.
    • Posted

Hi Brooke, 

Thanks so much for your update.  Sorry to read that it may be something liver-related; UC is nasty enough to cope with own its own without other organs 'sticking their oars in', so to speak. 

Try not to let it spoil your Christmas celebrations, although I know how wretched it is having these worries hanging over your head, whilst trying to keep a cheerful disposition. 

I obviously hope that the tests may show what is causing the symptoms you are experiencing and that they are easy to put right.  My fingers and feet are crossed (can't cross my toes, I fear...) for you and I look forward to reading good news from you very soon. . 

Do feel free to post whenever you want to; and please let me know how things go.  

Do please take care and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope you have a very happy Christmas, despite this ongoing situation, and that 2018 proves to be a healthy and trouble-free year for you.

My very best wishes to you as always,

Peter A

• Posted

Hi Peter. I will keep undating and let you know. Your messages have restored my faith in humanity and I appreciate you words! Have a wonderful happy and healthy Christmas also.
    • Posted

That's a lovely message, Brooke; thank you so much.

Look after yourself and let's look forward with confidence to a successful resolution following your blood tests and ultrasound test.

With thoughts and kindest regards as always,

Peter A  

• Posted

Hi Peter, 

Just come out of my ultrasound and she said she cannot see any problems at all - very pleased! Doctors this evening to discuss blood results but haven’t been contacted so I’m presuming they came back fine. Stools are back to normal so it’s a win win. Hope you are well also.

Brooke

• Posted

Hi Brooke,

Thanks so much for the update; it's very much appreciated.

Excellent news for you to receive. Certainly meet with your GP and see what, if anything, those blood tests have revealed, but I'm truly delighted for you. Our bodies do tend to do strange things from time to time - well mine does, anyway - hahaha.

Do always feel free to come back and contact if you feel it would help, but let's hope there's no recurrence of this strange phenomenon.  

Look after yourself, Brooke!!

Luv and thoughts,

Pete

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.