Palmar Pustular Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on ACITRIEN for 6+ months now. I have psoriasis on my hands and feet. The medication clear up the pustular sores and the pain. I have flare up every couple of months. My feet are still peeling (never stopped) and my hands peel when the flare up hits. I now have Psoriatic Arthritis.

Now for the side effects; my lips are extremely dry, cracked, peeling, and bleeding. Nose, eyes, and skin are also extremely dry. No lip balm, nose spray , or lotion I've tried has even touched the dryness. My hair is falling out and my nails are paper thin and splitting. I'm miserable. Never had side effects on any medication before. I'm telling my Dermatologist I want off of it. I can't deal with this dryness. I think I'm going to try some natural remedies now.

There has to be something better.

Tammy

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am on acitretin for the second time.

i have psoriasis on hands and feet, the feet significantly worse than hands.

i stopped acitretin for all the side effects you described, but the hair loss was the thing I just could not cope with.

this time I'm going to "tough it out" until the psoriasis clears up then reduce the dose to maintain it.

ive discussed other meds and they have worse side effects potentially.

id be interested to hear of natural remedies that work, diet doesn't seem to affect it, nor alcohol free months.

fingers crossed that you find something that helps you 

R

• Posted

I stopped the Acitrien about 2-3 weeks ago.  Just couldn't handle the side effects anymore.  My lips, ears, nose, eyes, hair loss is all doing much better.  I even feel better.  No flare ups yet.  Just have peeling skin on my feet and hands.  Haven't tried the natural remedies yet, but I am working and researching what's the best.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  Good luck to y9u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.