Palpatations any ideas

Posted , 4 users are following.

My palpataions come at all times of day and night having suffered High blood pressure for 15 years I know find this has become low blood pressure its slightly worrying anyone suffer similer

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wha medication are you on, Lesey?  Beta blockers will reduce your bp.
    • Posted

They have just changed them all  as I was on tabs for High Blood pressure and its suddenly dropped with the palpatations so I have  a beta bloker bisoprolol fumarate and candesartan !! it feels very strange
  • Posted

How low is your heart rate, and how low is your bp on these two drugs, Lesley?  When I was on both bisporolol and irbesartan my heart rate would not rise above 48 bpm and my bp was around 100/65.  Both too low for me to function!  

Please ask your GP for advice but it may be that you no longer need the high blood pressure medication now that you are on a beta blocker which also reduces your blood pressure.

I found bisoprolol deadly - just couldn't cope with the breathlessness, chest pains and sheer exhaustion. Am now on propanolol and that is much easier to cope with (for me at least!).

• Posted

Thanks Pam Bp is around 104/64 but as low as 90/70 I'm having a heart monitor end of Next month for a week so will see what that brings ! its all very strange good to know I'm not the only one though so thank you
  • Posted

I am concerned that you have to wait weeks for a review of the situation, Lesley.  Can you see your GP asap and tell him about your low bp?  He will probably advise you to stop taking the candersartan bit he does need to know.
    • Posted

I have told him he's the one who changed the meds !! they are useless up here I am monitoring BP ON A DAILY BASIS  so fingers crossed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.