Palpations starting to worry me!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all,

I've been having what I think are palpations for a few weeks now. been feeling fluttering in the chest. doing my heart heart on my app on the phone and it's not that high. don't feel dizzy or anything with the flutters .

just need some reassurance as I don't see my doctor for another month. will ring the doctors tomorrow to see if I can see another doctor in the meantime.

I overthink a lot and worry about things way too much so I don't know if that's the cause or not.

thanks,

Cassandra

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

your anxiety is the likely cause of your palpitations. Palpitations are extremely common with anxiety and stress. When they are due to anxiety, they are not harmful. Millions of people get them with anxiety including myself. I’ve had them on and off for many years. No harm done. It’s caused by the adrenaline your brain sounds out with anxiety.

YouTube has some great short meditations to reduce them through proper breathing. One I highly recommend is called stop panic attacks now. Even if you don’t panic, this one is great for slowing down the heart rate. Once you see that meditation, scroll down to one called don’t panic. She guides you through it and it really works! When you learn this, you can do it anywhere without anybody knowing.

get your check up with the doctor because that will give you peace of mind. Once again, palpitations, skipped beats etc. when due to anxiety will not hurt you. Even though it’s scary. Take care of yourself and listen to other great meditations for anxiety!

• Posted

Hey jan,

thanks for replying. I don't feel anxious but I guess my anxiety is just trying to trigger itself with the palpations. ahh anxiety is the worst! Will look in to the mediation thing on YouTube though!

I know deep down there not harmful because I've had them on and off for 3 weeks but my mind is going overdrive trying to figure out why they are happening I.e. why they probably are happening 😔

Cassandra

• Posted

have them damn nearly i overthink 24/7 as i have generalized anxiety disorder from what i knoe anxiety causes them even when your not anxious you are subconsciously

• Posted

there not nice at all.

Yeah it's hard to believe that we can be subconsciously anxious but it definitely happens!

Cassandra

• Posted

try To think if there’s anything in your life that could possibly be causing underlying anxiety. Work, school, family, relationships, etc. speaking with the counselor can be helpful because they know how to find these things and help you learn to manage better. That would help to decrease the anxiety. Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks jan,

yes I think it's stress because of some situations in my life. trying to get into the doctors and if I can't I'm gonna go to the hospital. just to ease my mind

thanks,

Cassandra

• Posted

Hey all,

quick update. went to a &e this morning because the doctor surgery wasn't answering. 5 hours later I got discharged. full blood work and urine came back clear. the ecg done and the palps looked ok but whenever I moved or got up my heart rate went up which is apparently not normal. Just booked in for a echo to be done at some stage because am on the waiting list and a halter monitor next Thursday.

really hoping it's gonna be ok. the doctor assured me I will not die when I asked. so that's hopeful.

Cassandra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.