Palpitating and more..

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been palpitating for almost a week now and have been diagnosed by my doc. having a high blood pressure this year. I have to maintain a medicine to control my blood pressure. Last May my left rib cage was so very painful and it lasted 15- 30 mins and suddenly goes away. Last December of 2016 I had ECG but went back normal and recently I had another ECG and Chest x ray also went back normal. The Doc. just gave me pain killers for the chest pains.

Its kinda alarming on my part since I am only 28 years old and it gives me head ache to think what might be the reason why I'm experiencing all of these. There are times that my upper left chest feels so tight and painful but not to painful, sometimes in the right side. But never in the center of the chest.  My left arm feels tired and it feels like something is stabbing me in the left part of my rib cage near the armphit. 

I searched those symptoms in google and found out that it may be related to heart problems, anxiety disorder, acid reflux and so on and so forth.

I'm so scared and don't know what to do. But I'm doing my best to control those palpitations and I've succeeded. Maybe its all in the mind? What do you think? I'm so clueless right now. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

to be exact its painful in the left FALSE RIBS sometimes in the right. Its right below my booby. So I don't know if this pain is connected with a heart problem. 

• Posted

Have you had a halter monitor for your heart.  That can give the Dr a 24 hour reading of what your heart is doing, the more sophiscated ones can give you a button to push when you are feeling the symptoms and the Dr can check to see what is going on at that exact time if anything.

I don;t want to frighten you, but do you trust your Dr, and your Dr's skills, or do you have doubts, if you are not sure get yourself to a cardiologist, even if it only puts your mind at rest.

I for whatever reason, still don't fully understand why, been with the same Dr for years, did not believe him when he said husband's ECG was normal, I insisted on seeing a cardiologist for husband, Gp even tried to discourgae me, but I was strong, he was wrong.

Cardiologist diagnosed severe heart failure and told us to our faces she could not understand how local GP Dr could have missed it, showed me how it showed on ECG, other than that Blood pressure normal.

Husband admitted to hospital the following day in congestive heart failure, very serious, I could have lost him that afternoon, kept for a week and stablised in heart hospital.

6 half years later he is still not at the best but alot better on the medications, we have just had another episode of illness, nothing they can put their fingers on, maybe viral, and very ill.

And even in the heart hospital I have had to demand to see senior staff, put on panadol when his liver function is showing stress, NO NO NO NO, and also putting him on a drip and allowing him to drink as much as he likes, again NO NO NO, were they trying to drown him, senior staff member agreed with me and took down drips, and reduced panadol, and talked to me as if I knew what I was talking about, I dooo.

I have studied library books, on heart failure, heart attacks, GP cardiologiy books, cardiologiy papers Dr to Dr on the internet, and scared myself silly at times, but nothing fitted my husbands condition exactly.

Back to HOW DID I KNOW, it never occured to me until family members pointed it out, my father had heart failure when i was born, his was caused by rheumatic fever, but the same, dilated cardiomyopathy, and finally died of it when I was 33 and he was in his 70's.

• Posted

Hi, good day to you. Thank you for replying, its indeed very helpful. I've been checking my blood pressure for the past few days and all was normal. I haven't seen any chance for me to make some lab tests (blood tests) due to lack of financial help and its a bit expensive here in our country to consult to a cardiologist. I can already make my self to calm down and for the past few days I'm already free from chest pains. I do some exercise everyday. I do planking, cut some carbs, basically I'm already living a healthy lifestyle. I've been so down because of family problem. Maybe that was the reason why. I'm doing well now and praying for a good health.

• Posted

Hi gerlie , just check for Costochonditis on Net , never know  
    • Posted

Hi anthony, yes I've already checked Costochondritis on Net and maybe you were right. I have all the symptoms. Thank you. Still hoping that this is nothing serious. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.