palpitation when start taking ppi and rantidine drugs?

Posted , 4 users are following.

anyone had same problem when i take antiacid like pantoprazole or rantidine for "gerd" i feel palpitation goes away after stop drugs ??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello there, please check with your doctor would be side effect I'm had. to meds 4 x to get it right I don't normally take medication. ..

Best of luck!

• Posted

hello there, please check with your doctor would be side effect I'm had. to meds 4 x to get it right I don't normally take medication. ..

Best of luck!

• Posted

hello its possible i have take them once and i had really bad anxiety but i have take other brands and they gave me, panic attack, anxiety and heart racing so i decided to not take any of them

• Posted

Yes, I had palpitations from being on pantoprazole too. The dr didn't believe it was related but as soon as I stopped taking the pantoprazole, the palpitations stopped too. I eventually found some research that said PPIs can prevent the absorption of magnesium which can impact your heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.