Palpitations

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone often get palpitations that can last all day ?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Do you mean continuously or intermittent flutters all day?

I have good days and bad days with ectopics.

• Posted

I have ectopics most of the day. How long does your episodes last for
    • Posted

They never really go away. I suppose I get some days when I only get a few, but I can't think of a day where they disappear completely. sad
  • Posted

Hi, I get them on and off all day and they are the worse one's for me. I have also been up half the night with  them. I was diagnosed 2 months ago with AFIB although I have had this for over 30 years but no definite answer until now. I am now waiting to see a cardiologist for a possible ablation. I have tried 2 different meds but they did not work for me. I  am on the new type blood thinners at the moment. Have you been diagnosed with AFIB or something else?
    • Posted

Hi merryl. No I don't have afib. I have something that seems to baffle to doctors. Lots of multifocal atrial tachy, pvcs, pacs and AVNRT. Doctors words were I have a 'bizarre' heart. I take bisoprolol and ivabradine. But still have thumps and bumps. I have had two ablations and the second one left me with wandering atrial rhythm which feels awful. Next step is probably a pacemaker. I am 34 and wish things were different. I know that depending on where the AFIB originates you can have an ablation, but if it's just the ectopics I'd keep trying different meds. Let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

Presumably your new blood thinners is a replacement for Warfarin. Could you tell me what is the name of the drug you've been prescribed by your consultant as I've been prescribed Warfarin and I understand that, a new drug is equally effective and does'n't need blood tests.

Donmal

• Posted

Hi, I think this question might be to me but not sure. Anyway the new blood thinners I am on  are called Rivaroxiban and you have a blood test when you first start on them at the hospital and again at the hospital 3 weeks later to check the kidneys. Then another blood test 3 months later with your own GP. I don't know if I need anymore after that. 
  • Posted

Please try Magnesium Citrate from the health shop. I put myself on these a month ago and I can't believe the difference. After having Ectopics daily I now may have the odd one here and there. Ask your Cardiologist about these.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.