Palpitations

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I am new here so please excuse me if I am posting on the wrong area. 

I have Fibromyalgia amongst other ailments and have been put on BuTrans patches by my GP. I think they are causing the palpitations I have been experiencing over the last few days. 

Has anyone had this side effect themselves please?

Thank you in advance 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Bluebell21, I hope you are better already. However that could be  something that cannot wait. I have no experience Fibromyalgia or BuTrans. You might wish to call GP asap. Good Luck
    • Posted

Hello bill32607

Many thanks for your reply. I've had depression and severe anxiety for 30 years as well as Fibro so used to palpitations. They're just really getting me down. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply 

Bluebell21

• Posted

i really wish you well, so many in here suffer and the partners really do not see the whole picture. But so many in here can help just in talking .
    • Posted

My late husband never could understand my depression. I feel bad that he had to put up with my low mood for so many years. 

Talking to people who understand how it feels really helps. 

You sound like a very kind person. 

• Posted

Hi Bluebell21 I would see your gp as soon as possible, any side affects from any medication you take should be reported to your gp. they will normally try you on something else. also I have fibromyalgia their is afibromyalgia forum where you will find advice and support take care gentle hugs also you have an out of hours gp service you could ring them for advice. but see your gp as soon as your able to.
    • Posted

Hi kaz 40

Thank you for your reply. I am seeing my GP on Wednesday. I am sure I will be ok until then. I will have a look at the Fibro section. 

Thank you

• Posted

hi bluebell hope all goes well for you at the drs on wed. look us all up on the fibro forum we are a friendly bunch take care smile
    • Posted

Thanks kaz. That sounds great 😊

Be nice to chat to some friendly people.

Take care 

• Posted

Hi Bluebell. I agree with Kaz. Side effects do occur with lots of meds but it's best to query them with your GP. This is the depression forum but it tends go with Fibro anyway so your not far out! Try the fibro forum for more advice and friendly chat.  Ellie X confused
    • Posted

Thank you ellie for your reply.  I will go and look at the Fibro section. 

Thank you for your help

Bluebell x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.