Palpitations

Posted , 3 users are following.

Still unsure but I'm quite confident I'm suffering from an anxiety dissorder (multiple symptoms).

I was just at work and began to feel a bit shaky almost like I'd had load of caffeine (I did have a latte (2 shots) maybe 3 hours earlier),

around 20 minutes after feeling shaky I decided to feel my left chest and could quite comfortably feel my heart beating.. fast

30 minutes later I decided to check my heart rate and it was around 130bpm...

30 minutes later it dropped to around 110 and

30 minutes later (now) its been sitting at around 100... has anyone else experienced this? Anxiety related?

(My normal Resting heart rate is 85)

(Currently booked in for multiple heart scans and tests so I'll find out soon if it's any kind of heart issue)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

believe me dont read and search about anxiety and go deeper, its normal when u drink that amount of caffiene to have heart palpitations, if doing the tests will make u feel better then do it just in case, and go on normally with your life smile

• Posted

Sounds normal to me! But I also have heart anxiety haha those sound just like my heart rates. Caffeine lingers tho so I'm thinking it's probably not anxiety and you just had a moment where you had a "mini" anxiety symptom and over analyzed yourself (caffeine effects the mind) so maybe just have some drip coffee from now on and relax. You sound heathy and fine to me, I'm having my echo done in 2 days tho and I can let you know the results if you would be interested as our heart rates are practically the same when I have coffee or a day of bad anxiety

• Posted

Thanks a lot!! I'm having my echo on Thursday too so I'll let you know as well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.