palpitations

Posted , 5 users are following.

had a horrible pain in chest on saturday, along with the usual gallbladder pain, i ended up going to hospital and was admitted, but they tested for heart attack instead, i think as i had high blood pressure aswell and ectopic beats, the pain went away and i was discharged on sunday, but since then i have been having palpitations all the time, and feel really tired, has anyone else experienced this? i think its my gallbladder but consultant said its probably my hernia, and to take omeprazole.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda

I had a similar experience. Episodes of chest pain, in the evening, occasional twinges during the day, and then one that wouldn't go away. Went to the ER and they checked my heart, which was fine, and sent me home. The very next weekend was out of town and had a whopper of an episode. Went to ER and was told by the PA that she thought it may be my gallbladder. I agreed, being that there is a history in my family. Ultrasound revealed numerous gallstones and had surgery a few days later. I do regret ignoring the chest pains, I should have gone to the doctor sooner. You may want to follow up with your PCP.    

• Posted

thanks for your reply, iam going to see gp anyway, its good to know its not just me.
  • Posted

Hi!  A few weeks ago I had the exact same experience with severe chest pains to I went to the ER at the hospital...I was given Nitro Glis. and kept over night with

a heart monitor and given a dye inserted C-scan.  I did not have a heart attack bu

a gall bladder attack..(my first experience not knowing I had gall bladder prob.)

The doctor sent me home with Pepcid and advise to have the gall bladder out.

I since have made an  appointment with a surgeon and STOPPED EATING

all foods with fat (google and look for a list of Fat Free foods).  I take the Pepcid

when needed with a buring sensation in the stomach and am on the fence with going ahead with the surgery. From friends I have been told that they went for

a long time before surgery...with just taking fat out of their diet. Good luck!!

Also I am in my senior years in remission from 3 fairly recent cancers (tested yearly) and

drink a lot of water.

• Posted

hi frances, sorry i didnt explain fully, i do have one large gallstone, this was found 2 years ago, i was told that my gallbladder needed to be removed at the time, and have been waiying for surgery, the pain is pretty bad, and just lately i have been feeling very unwell sick and dizzy most of the time, and now this chest pain/palps aswell, water definitely helps to ease the pain though.  take care and good luck.xx
    • Posted

Hi! Amanda:  I too was told that I have a large stone in the gall bladder

and this is the first time that I knew I even had a problem...with the chest

pains and nausea.  The hospital doctor told me to have the surgery asap.

I do have an appointment (as mentioned before) with a surgeon and was

going to cancel but after reading you message I think I will keep that

surgeon's appointment.  As I write this I feel quite well...NO pain etc.

take only Pepcid.  Unfortunately I also have cancer of the blood (incurable) treated for weekly by blood letting (phlebotomy in America)

I was told by the cancer doctor to go on Hydrox a cancer drug which I have resisted..I have an app't. with the cancer doctor this Wed. so I will

see if there is any connection between by two problems.  Thank you for your input..

• Posted

Hi Amanda I hvae had my Gallbladder out since 1st december last year but suffer chest pains which I thought might be a heart attack on consulting my gp he said it was my intercostal muscles last thursday had another bout of pain but this time was very sick with it did they diagnose you with palpatatons
    • Posted

hi jacqueline, i have a mitral valve prolapse so get palpitations anyway, but i became worried as they had been constant, they said that what i suffered wasnt heart related and probably just gerd as i have a hernia, you should get checked again as your symptoms have changed, take care. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.