Palpitations

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been experiencing almost constant palpitations the last few days. I have had them on and off over the last couple of years, but not as often as this. I have had all the heart checks - ECG, Echo, 48 hour tape and everything has been normal so I am presuming they are to do with hormones. Has anyone found anything to help them please?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry don't know what Would help but iv had the same as you over the years all I can say is try to relax when your having them read s book or something else you enjoy bcause I think the more we focus on it the worse it gets I'm having them st this very moment

• Posted

Hi Sally I suffered really badly with palpitations for years and like you had all the tests everything was normal so started taking magnesium suplements and it actually helped me quite a bit ...palps are horrible and cause terrible anxiety so maybe the magnesium would work for you worth a try 😊

• Posted

Thanks I will try magnesium. I do use the spray but I will get supplements. Any particular type of magnesium or will any do? xx
  • Posted

I experience this also. Not often, but it's an awful feeling when it happens. I don't know how to help them either. I usually try to take a few long, slow breaths in and out.

• Posted

I have them too sometimes worse than other days. They are awful.
  • Posted

Hi. I've had this over the years and since cutting out caffeine, (I drink decaf tea and coffee now), I don't notice it as much. And I take a passionflower tablet in the evening. It seems to have a calming effect on any anxieties. I too take magnesium in the evening and feel I sleep better. I chose chelated magnesium after reading an article on the benefits. Hope this helps a little x

• Posted

I've just read an interesting article called six ways to stop palpitations. It included cough, as this sometimes will interrupt the palp. Bear down, as in childbirth or toilet! And magnesium!

• Posted

I get them quite often sometimes worse than others. It is scary and can ramp up your anxiety which makes them worse. I too have had several test and all come back fine. It is hormones. Try to busy yourself and steady your breathing to try and take your mind off it. I know it's easier said than done. But it will help a little if not a lot. Take care!!

• Posted

Thanks - it has to be hormones because there seems to be a pattern to where they are in my cycle xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.