Palpitations

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive had heart palpitations before but they went away. They came back and have been on and off since last night and its getting worse. I dont have any pain or anything. My docotr said i had pvc's. Ive had ekg echo and stress test in October and i just had another echo a couple months ago. Im scared any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good morning Samantha, I am sorry you are suffering with the frequent pics. Everybody has them but most don't feel them . Us lucky folks do. Please try not to be scared. I know it's hard, when I get a huge one it scares me too. Go back to your Dr and tell him you are very uncomfortable with these things. Because they are really rarely dangerous, ( like a lightning strike would be) Most drs don't worry about how they make us feel. There is a medicine you can take that may help. I take it, but still get them . Not as bad Please, try to ignore them, they tend to go away if we relax about them. Also, walking, exercise, laughing,etc helps. There is a great Dr on YouTube called Dr Gupta who does wonderful videos about PVC,s and PACks he is from York England. He is wonderful and will tell you all you ever wanted to know about this !!Hope this helps. I know how frustrating they are Hugs, Mabel

• Posted

Thank you so much. It is reassuring that im not alone. Ill look up that youtube dr. I go see my doctor tomorrow friday. See what he says. Ya they went away for a couple months and now there back. Is it normal to get like 3 or 4 in a minute?
    • Posted

I have had that many in a minute . But mine usually are not that often. Some people get thousands in a day and they are fine. Wait to see what your Dr finds. If you do not like what he is telling you. Get a second opinion if you can. I now have a pacemaker, but not from the pics. I found out my heart was pausing. Not a good thing. Take care, let me know how it it goes God bless!!😇

• Posted

I too have the terrible palpitations. They come and go. Usually they hang around for a few days to a couple of weeks... then go away. This past week I have been having them and they are driving me nuts. This time, it seems like they have really knocked me for a lupe. I am having very low energy and very lethargic.  I had a stress test last December, also the EKG and even wore a holter monitor for one month. The result of all the test showed the PVC's - explained my my cardiologist as benign - nothing to worry about. Extra beats, skipped beats etc. I try to figure out what brings them on... sometimes I think it is what I have eaten. Either too much of something, or perhaps too much sweets. I have cut down on caffein, only one cup of coffee in the mornings... nothing with caffein in the afternoon. When I have bouts of the palpitations, I have a lot of anxiety. But you are right that walking around, some excercise etc. helps. I hate it when they come on at night while I am in bed. I have an appointment next wee with my regular doctor for my annual physical. I want to talk with him about these and tell him how much they bother me and see if he can recommend something that may help when they happen. I found another website that talked about something called the Valsalva Manuver that sometimes helps with palpitations when the occur. It discussed a few techniques to try to help... I haven't had too much luck with it though. Most people don't seem to understand what it is like to experience these so often.

• Posted

My cardiologist said its nothing to worry about but they went away for awhile and now there back. I hope the go away soon. They scare me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.