palpitations

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on Haemo Dislysis since Jan 17. I've started to experience palpitations and wondered if anyone else had experienced this? If so did anything stop this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I did PD, however on HD if you have too much fluid taken off you can get the symptoms you describe as well as low bp and dizzyness.  Ask the unit to check your fluid off as they can adjust it and hopefully it will help.  I hope you get the problem sorted, bad enough having kidney failure never mind feeling extra rubbish on top is it.

• Posted

Hi Helen thanks for that and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I was taken to hospital last night based on my symptoms and agreed I had been carrying excess fluid. I have "crashed" a few times while on dialysis but explained to docs this was sligapologieshtly different. I had dialysis today and got 2.7 litres off so am hoping that's the end of the hassle. Hope you're well and thanks again

Stephen

• Posted

Hi,

Glad you have got the fluid off wow 2.7 litres no wonder you felt rubbish bless you, hopefully things should improve for you. Its a balencing act getting this right and you have been doing it quite a short time.  HD is also more harsh on the body, one of the reasons I opted for PD (not all have the choice for various reasons or sometimes just personal choice) just make sure you dont go too far the other way as that is the low bp collapse bit, but at least you know now and can look out for things. Simple thing to follow, high bp too much fluid in the body to little fluid in the body low bp, your bp should be checked before and after dialysis you can ask if its not already as it takes 2 mins to do, or ask them for a machine to take home.  I got given one for PD and a book had to record my dry weight and bp of a morning after PD before I had anything to drink.  Its all a massive learning curve but you will get there.  I'm not bad thank you, feel much better after my transplant but have had issues they are starting to settle but I have had noro virus and a constant cold since the tx due to the drugs but even with this feel sooo much better so can't complain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.