Palpitations

Posted , 4 users are following.

CAN an COSTO really cause awful heart palpatations

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yeah. mine have got slightly better over time but im aware of the constant pumping. its worse when im swollen.

at first it scared me but now i compare it to banging your knee or somewhere equally common. it'll throb like that's where the heart is but it's usually not harmful.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I always fear the worst and no doctor wants to listen

• Posted

Assuming you have already had testing? I have them, but i had an EKG which showed an abnormal rhythm Also, cutting back on caffeine helps

• Posted

HI diane i have had a few e c gs are they the same. Thank you for your reply

• Posted

HI SHELLEY, yes costochondritis can make you feel like you are having a heart attack with the palpitations and spasms. I have had it for 15 months and had all the test including x-rays and bloodwork. I do see a chiropractor once a month for an adjustment plus an adjustment on my sternum which seems to help. I take Liquid advil two in the morning

and two before bedtime. It will get better and it does help to talk about it with others. Good luck. KATHY

• Posted

Hi Kathy thank you for your reply. i also see a chiropractor he has helped my neck problems but no real improvement on my costo. i will try take advil do i get it from the chemist? Im learning to deal with the pain but the heart thing really scares me

• Posted

You can buy over-the-counter Advil the liquid gel works faster than the regular mine are 200 MG good luck with everything prior to relax and have a good weekend

• Posted

Did I mention earlier that I sometimes use a heating pad and hold it to my chest? If you get no relief with that you might try cold pack anything to make the pain go away. Also there are some good exercises on YouTube just type in Cosco pain exercises and they will help. Enjoy your day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.