palpitations

Posted , 6 users are following.

aside from overwhelming fatigue, i experience palpitations every time i stand up. as soon as i get up to walk or do anything my heart starts pounding and shortly after i feel the need to have a seat. i cant even stand in the shower longer than a few minutes.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It may be worth asking your doctor whether it's worth talking to a cardiologist. Arrhythmias are reported as being quite common with ME/CFS so best to get it checked.

I developed Atrial Fibrillation a couple of years ago after having CFS for a good while. Whether it was caused by the CFS or not I couldn't say but as I say, best to get things checked over. It's easy to blame everything on the CFS when there may also be another cause of the palpitations.

• Posted

i went to the doctor for the same problem a month ago and my heart is as normal as can be

• Posted

Hi

I read a study/trial that was done recently on the hearts of patients with m.e. They found that compared to the hearts of healthy people that m.e patients had quite a lot lower blood volume and muscle mass surrounding the heart was thinner and possibly an issue with torsion (how the heart moves) they concluded that the blood volume is not so much the issue, more possibly the issues are caused by general circulation and immune disorders Clearing out the system, working on cleaning up gut, liver, kidneys and lymphatic with a diet free of sugar, alcohol processed foods, bad fats etc may help, a long process but could be a way forward to getting back to an equilibrium.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.