Palpitations after alcohol consumption

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I have been drinking moderately all my adult life (not more than 3-4 glasses per week). Since last few years, I am having strong palpitations after I drink even one glass of wine or beer. The palpitations are so strong that it is impossible for me to sleep. I even feel that my body moves against the bed. Some beats are harder than others, but they are mostly regular. There is no significant increase in my heart rate.

I got tested for cardiovascular health and my doctor could not find any problem. He just told me to take 20 mg propranolol before taking alcohol. But I am concerned about the underlying reason of this problem.

I would be grateful if you could inform me about your comments.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.