Palpitations after Dialysis sometimes

Posted , 1 user is following.

Dear All, I am a 45 year old male on maintenance HD since a year. On and off I notice severe palpitations after dialysis and sometimes during my rest days. They go on for ranging from 1 minute to the last one was 30 minutes. No other symptoms except general distress fast pulse of almost 130 and sometimes high BP of 150/90. No sweating, breathlessness or pain. Some episodes are small like a second and stop on their own. Somtimes as soon as I start walking after dialysis ends, heart rate starts rising to 100-110. Some times after completion of diaysis, I have to almost sit for an hour before I can walk at a normal pace without a rapidly rising hear rate. My sodium, potassium and phosphorus are all in the range of 4.0 and HB is 11.5. CKD stage 5 with Diabetes and Hypertension. Hypertension is well controlled with calcium channel blockers and beta blockers and statins for cholesterol. No history of heart disease but only uncontrolled Diabetes and Hypertension lead to CKD over time.

Weight was 250 lbs last year now I am 155 lbs lost it all due to dieting and conscious eating. On a transplant list waiting for my turn. i seem to think it maybe due to rapid water removal from body as in dehydration. i try to keep my weight gain between treatments as little as possible not more than 2% of total weight. Due tot this I tend to drink less water that maybe causing the distress. I wanted to share my experience and also hear your thoughts.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.