Palpitations because of perimenopause?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been having heart palpitations for the last three months. I have had every test known to mankind and the doctors cannot find out whats wrong with me. Could it be perimenopause? I have so many of them every day. I am so worried and feel that they will never go away. They are ruining my life.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Heather this was the first sign i was in peri menopause the heart palpations, just started from nowhere use to scare the life out of me as thought i was dying happened more at night and woke me from my sleep , i was tested like you for everything and best to be tested just ti be safe .... i started soaking in epsom salts which is magnesium . CBD oil and drank camomile tea .... and joined this group

take care

• Posted

OMG! I woke up with chest pains this morning and was going to write your post.

I also woke up with my period.

I am so glad to hear that palpitations and pain are just one item on the seemingly endless list of symptoms.

Thanks for keeping me sane, Ladies!

• Posted

Hi, I have palpitations on a daily basis, last night I woke up at 2am my heart rate was 120bpm it took about 10 mins to come down, Im used to them now but still get a bit scared they are not going to stop. My worst time is if I feel them in my neck, I hate that sometimes you can see the veins in my neck moving, so scary. I am trying to drink more water and taking starflower oil to see if they will improve. I have had lots of tests and been to a&e many times in fear that I am having a heart attack but nothing was found. I dont drink coffee anymore and limit alcohol which both make them worse. I pray they will disappear soon and I can feel normal again x

• Posted

i just started having them. ive been in peri about 3 years. i have mine at night when i lay down to go to sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.