Palpitations with only high TPO?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I have been 2 months now without medications.

I did blood test last week and my tsh,t3,t4 are all in the normal range.

Only my TPO antibodies is at 46 - normal range 0 - 9.

Have been having Palpitation for the last 2 weeks. Is it possible to still have palpitations when only the TPO is high?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charles,

Maybe you can post a bit more of your medical history, so we may reply with more insightful/helpful comments?

• Posted

Hi Mike

So I was diagnosed of Hyperthyroid In April last year. I was placed on 20mg Carbimozole and 40mg Propranolol.

I took that for some months then reduced the dosage after 3 months when my t3, t4 started to get better.

As at November last year I was only on 5mg till my last result in May this year when my Endo told me I can stop the 5mg Carbimozole because my 2 last results where all in the normal range. I stopped taking Carbimozole since June and I did a blood test last week and all is in the normal range apart from my TPO which was at 46.

And I still have Palpitations

• Posted

Charles, Thanks for sharing your medical history.

During my fight with GD, although some occasions of palpitation bothered me, I had never taken Prop because I felt taking MMI had an effect on easying palpitation. I wonder if you are still taking Prop now? Also, I would agree that somehow the autoantibodies could have been the underline cause of lingering palpitation. Or maybe it's normal for this dragging symptom after just a short newly recovery from hyper disorder? (you just need to give a little more time?) Let other more experienced members here share more helpful comments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.