Palpitations, would like to hear from your experiences.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, I would like to explain what sort of palpitations I am experiencing because its driving me nuts.

Basically i am always aware of my own heart beat, its always thudding in my chest, especially when i am sleeping or laying flat. they become so prominent that they are hard to ignore. the palpitations are not tachycardia or bradycardia, simply normal sinus rhythm. They feel like a strong thuds in the chest, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue or have any sort of advice on how to deal with it.

I have posted before on here regarding PVCs and ectopics which is something i suffer from as well. I highly appreciated your advice on that.

Thank you, have a great day.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have some of that too, it goes along with the arrhythmias, your heart's control system just being a little wack. How is your blood pressure otherwise?

Beta blockers are particularly good at reducing the too-strong beat, btw, as they are generally helpful for many arrhythmias.

• Posted

I use the prescribed beta blockers for heart only in need and sometimes for headache. Also, lets not forget that there can be side effects including low blood pressure and slow heart rate, especially on the long term treatment.

A summary can be founded on Wikipedia about the two main groups of adrenoreceptors, α and β, with 9 subtypes in total.

Alpha receptors are involved in the stimulation of effector cells and constriction of blood vessels. On the other hand, beta receptors are involved in the relaxation of effector cells and dilatation of blood vessels.

All the best

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me, I hope things get better, thank you for the advice

• Posted

Hi,

A doctor can investigate the cause to determine if there’s an underlying condition. You should see a doctor for these sinus rhythm, even if is simply normal, and not tachycardia, brachycardia or other outbreak problems.

A doctor can investigate the cause to determine if there’s an underlying condition. The relaxation, balanced electrolytes, regularly exercise, no smoking, may help to reduce palpitations.

I read that the foods which are rich in these heart-healthy fats like nuts, seeds, avocado, olives and vegetable oils help to reduce levels of harmful cholesterol. So I put the raw nuts oil to work on my diet, (pistachio, wallnut), olive oil and seeds oil. ( Potassium Magnesium Aspartate worked on my case, I do not recommend without prescription).

Also, it helps if I take a deep breath and I lay on one side when it happens (on my case ), not flat.

Is good for you to see a doctor,

All the best

• Posted

Thank you very much for the advice, I will try to implement them, its funny because my ectopics are induced when i lay on my side at night.

• Posted

I'm almost always aware of my heartbeat, too, but I don't know if it's because of anxiety and because I'm always looking for it. I notice that my heartbeat is much more noticeable after a heavy meal or if my GERD is bothering me, which is every day even with medication, and even the medications seem to have an effect on my heartbeat. Exercise seems to help me and so do calming exercises. Anxiety and paranoia have a huge impact on palpitations, in my experience.

• Posted

Thank you for writing, appreciate the advice. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.