Pancreas

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All. My first post here.

I've been suffering symptoms for several months that point to pancreas issues.

Upper centre and left right sided abdominal pain. Loose stools, weight loss but this is now stable.

I've seen my doctor and explained my concerns regarding my pancreas. Doctor says definitely not pancreatic issues but sent me for blood test and ultrasound which all came back clear.

Doctor believes I may IBS and said pancreatic issues especially with cancer do not show any symptoms and when they do the cancer is advanced, he also said that my spleen gallbladder kidneys liver bladder are all clear and that my pancreas was obscured due to gas. If pancreatic cancer was happening then it would have shown in my other organs because this type of cancer spreads very quickly and would show in my other organs.

Does anyone else have any experience of pancreas issues and what my doctor tells is correct and I'm reading too much into this.

The thing that troubles me is I am not getting any better.

Thanks

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Forgot to say that I have upper abdominal bloating every time I eat. Again my GP didn't seem to concerned, he did a thorough abdominal exam and said all is fine and probably IBS.

• Posted

I worried about my pancreas too but it could not be seen and

was ruled out when I asked about it.  My spleen, kidneys, bladder, gallbladder and liver were fine on the ultrasound.   I too had gas which obscured my stomach but in my case it was bowel gas.  I have pain that moves about my stomach and varies in type and intensity along with changes in bowel habit.  I was diagnosed with IBS.  

Try kerping a food food diary to see if anything is triggering your symptoms.  Try peppermint oil capsules and ask your doctor if you could try Buscopan.  I read too much into my symptoms because of googling and overthinking.  Stress will make your symptoms worse and this may be why you are not getting better.  If you have IBS, stress will make it worse.

• Posted

Yes I will keep a food diary and speak with my GP about another stool sample and if needed an endoscopy, don't fancy having an endoscopy to be honest. I am currently trying to eat clean and healthy.

• Posted

Endoscopy isn't that bad. Just unpleasant rather than painful. But worth having to get a diagnosis.

If you're in UK there are private clinics who do h pylori stool samples. They aren't expensive either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.