pancreas issue worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hve heard this massive pain i cldnt stand or walk had to call emergency went into hosp and they told me that I has severely inflammation of my pancreas and i stayed in hosp for 27days of which i have a 4month old baby i had to stop breastfeeding her for it was impossible in the hosp i was so poorly i cldnt even hve power to hold her before tht i went to my gp complaining abt the pain all he cld tell me was dnt wrry it will stop maybe yu r not strong yet coz yu came out of labour recently and gave me painkillers bt it went on and on and the pain got worse everyday kept going to my gp bt all he cld say was dnf wrry until i had this massive attacktht caused me to stay almost a month and now ia home now my baby dsnt koe me tht really hurts or maybe she is taking it slowly to koe me dnt know am still weak and worse afraid of food now my tummy sumtmz has a little bit of pain bt iam totally scared will be going back for my surgery in a week to take out my gallbladder for it was the one tht had caused all this inflammation for a gallstone was stuck in my pancreas my question wth foods shld i try and has anyone been in such a situation pliz help

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your situation is much worse than mine for you to have to stay in the hospital for 27 days PLUS you had a child in the midst of it all.  I cannot imagine the pain you must have had.

I too am on painkillers (Norco 10) and take zofran when I eat.  I'm looking to find other solutions for calicification of my pancreas (already the tail has been cut due to this situation) and need for energy (tired all the time).  I'm looking into use of magnesium to help the calcification (I've heard this could be an option) and the B12 to help with energy.

I'm on a very light diet (shakes, oatmeal, simple/bland foods).  Stress and food are my triggers. 

I also have tons of psuedocysts that my dr have not indicated anything can (or should) be done about along with one large 10 mm cyst at the head of my pancreas.  With the tail already cut - this doesn't leave me much options.  

The last recommendation I received from doctors was to consider a stomach feeding tube - I had a very terrible experience with that back in May when the initial calcification as discovered.  Fortunately, I did have access to and was a candidate to the DaVinci operaiton which was like a laporascopy (in lieu of entire stomach being cut open).

Now if I could just get pain/energy and eating under control...I may actually have some quality of life.

You stay strong.  Go back to the surgeon but ask him to clarify if your gall bladder is removed will it push stones into your pancreas and compound that situation.  I have heard this is a common occurence.

Stay Strong!

• Posted

Thank you so much yah my baby juss loooks at me and screams nw her best friend is her dad i hope i will get thru this fingers crossed coz iish going back to tht pain noooo i cnt risk nw looking at everything i eat closely bt iam still weak
  • Posted

I hope that you find something manageable for your pain and are not over taking meds.  It's a fine line to find that sweet spot of pain release and yet function normally.  If you have a child you are caring for during your pain - work hard to find a family member to help you out.  it's hard enough to take care of yourself.  Some health coverages provide for daily care givers to come into your home...in my early stages of pancreatitis I was visited several times a week to get blood tests to determine if I needed a transfusion to build blood cells (I never needed them) and they checked my vitals.  Was helpful when you aren't feeling great and don't really want to get dressed up to head out.  Stay strong.. find the things you can tolerate eating and places of peace to find joy.  
    • Posted

Thank yu so much dear had a terrible pain tonight bt it stopped though after feeling sick booked an appointment today with my gp hope i will be given better painkillers than paracetamol waiting for my operation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.