pancreas operation done success fully in April 2017 after that

Posted , 11 users are following.

pancreas operation done a success fully in April 2017 after that 2months gap again I started a drinking alcohol so far and I have a stomach pain now what to do?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Alcohol is very bad for your pancreas. What kind of pancreas operation did you have? 
  • Posted

I’ll tell you like it is. And believe me, it’s easier for me to tell you than it is for you to take the advice from many who care about you and you choose to do it. If you want to live, STOP DRINKING! There’s nothing else I can say or anyone can say that will make it any easier for you. You know what you have to do. We know what all of your Drs have told you. You are simply reaching out in desperation to a problem that I get the impression you have no intentions on doing a thing about. I don’t know you. I’m not judging you. I’m simply telling you something that you already know. Continue to drink and most likely you will be dead in five years if not sooner. There’s a lot

of people on this site who really want answers and are willing to do whatever it takes to overcome something as relentless as this. You do not sound to be one of them. Check into a place and do something to change what’s goung on with you. 

DJRN

• Posted

If you need to gain weight pm me and I’ll give you number to call and order carnation very High calorie drinks that have 680 Cal’s per 6 ounce drink. You get a case of 32 for $30.00 dollars. Also, ask if you need to be on enzyme replacement creon
    • Posted

I would like to have the info for the high calorie drink. I was diagnosed with idiopathic chronic pancreatitus. I was shocked as I drank very little throughout my life and stopped completely when diagnosed in 2016. I don't smoke either. I was 115 lbs. before my diagnosis and keep losing as now weigh 100 lbs. I drink Boost Hi Protein drink, but doesn't have a lot of calories. I tried taking Creon, but only constipates me which makes it worse. Low dose of Creon 12,000. Trying not to eat fatty foods. I do drink lemon water, but it is not warm so I will change that. Also taking turmeric and grape seed tab. each day along with green tea and just stated dandelion tea.  Nothing is helping me gain some of my weight back. The high calorie drink might help. I would appreciate any new info.  Thanks.

• Posted

Hi!  I can’t tell you much about the company who makes these drinks because the moderator will delete it. I don’t think you are suppose to advertise a company’s name etc. please private msg me. These drinks are made by carnation and again, you get a case of 32 six ounce drinks for around 30 dollars. They are very high in nutrition and have approximately 680 calories per six ounces. When I had a stone totally occluding my main pancreatic duct, my enzymes were being blocked from reaching the intestines to break down fats, proteins, sugar etc. I went from 170 pounds to 125lbs. I looked as though I had just gotten out of a concentration camp. A friend told me about these drinks and within 4 months I gained most of my weight back. I mean 4 of them a day is right at 2,800 calories. They can’t sell them in stores because they taste so good it would cause many to become obese. So you have to order them. I would put 2 or 3 in the freezer for 45 minuets and drink them as a milk shake. The best is French vanilla. If you need to gain weight and looking for a nutritious drink, these would be it. I was up to 30 Creon capsules a day before I had my blockage removed through ERCP. I promise you these will put weight on you. Again, prvt msg me and I will give you the number and contact info. You take care!

DJ~RN

If any other questions just ask! 😊

• Posted

Hi, i would like to know about the high calorie drink, im new to the site , i dont know how to private message..
  • Posted

He already stopped drinking  2days back but again he had a stomach pain so which medicine we have to take? For back to normal life? 

• Posted

If you just stopped drinking two days back as you said, you certainly can’t expect your pancreas to heal in 48 hours. You didn’t aquire this state in a few days, nor can you expect it to not give you problems. I’ll just tell it like I see it. If you continue to drink you are going to get sicker. Your pancreas is already effected by it and it’s goung to worsen if you drink again. The choice is yours. Get it right. You may not have repeated chances to do it. 

Good luck!

DJRN

• Posted

I'm already stop drinking...now stop criticizing me tell me some medicine to come back to normal life plzzz

• Posted

My chronic pancreatitis was caused by alcohol. Thankfully I quit drinking last year. I have continuing acute attacks since then. If I was still drinking I'm pretty sure I'd be dead. I tried many times to quit on my own but couldn't. I went to inpatient treatment and did outpatient for several months. It was the only way for me. I'm sure everyone is telling you that you have to stop and I hate to be a broken record but it's true. It's only a matter of time till you have more major health complications because of it. There are plenty of people out there that drink way more than I ever did and don't have health problems so I used to think a few drinks here and there wouldn't hurt. It did hurt tho. My life now is hard and full of pain and sickness. The biggest thing you can do for yourself is to quit even if you have to go to treatment. Wish I had an easier solution for ya but that's the bottom line. Wish you the best!

• Posted

Well said Kathy. At times it’s hard for someone to catch on and understand that what they’re doing is only hurting them. People feel if they do Ok for a while with a specific thing, that means that they’re ok. They aren’t. It will sneak right back around and bite you on the ass when you least expect it. With this disease you can’t have it both ways. Unfortunately many will pay the ultimate price because they didn’t listen to others or think that it could happen to them. 
  • Posted

Yep, the only thing you can do if it’s got to this stage is stop drinking. Forever. Harsh but that’s it. If you need to get help to do that, get it. There is no medicine at this stage that will fix your pancreas, particularly if it’s been operated on. Of course, you can keep drinking if you like, but it won’t do you any good. That’s just how it is.

I have had pancreatic cancer and had a Whipples so I know what I’m talking about - originally diagnosed with idiopathic chronic pancreatitus so gave up drink nearly two years ago. Not that I drank much before.

• Posted

Hey. I know you are going through a lot and your not drinking any longer is a major accomplishment. I think people were just trying to get you to understand with pancreatic disease you cannot drink ANY. If you choose to even every once in a while it will play against you. So kudos your way for having stopped. Things like that are very hard to do and I’m happy for you.  Stomach/pancreatic pain is horrible. I feel your pain. While at rest try different sleeping positions. See if a fetal position doesn’t help relieve some of your pain. I’m not a Dr.  just a RN. It may be that you have no other choice but to get regulated on some type of opiate medication. Such as Percocet, etc. I found Oxycodone is much better than hydrocodone. If your Dr. is reluctant to give you any, and your pain is as bad as I think it is, I would see another Dr. for them or go to a pain clinic. It’s addictive but you may not have any other choice. Pancreatic disease HURTS! “If” it’s hurting as bad as I think it is, after searching “home remedies for pancreatic pain,” and they don’t give you relief, I would sit down with your Dr. and discuss pain Meds. 

DJRN 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.