pancreas question

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm not going to type my whole story here right now, but if I had any form of pancreatitis or pancreatic insufficiency, would I be able gorge out after smoking marijuana-eating over 200 grams if fat and thousands of calories over an evening of time?It seems like I would be in the hospital very frequently if I was doing that of home bound completely with no quality if life

?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn’t recommend it, no. If you have pancreatitus you should be on a very low fat diet, no alcohol at all and no smoking (includes dope). I know dope is great as a painkiller but you’d be better off taking an oil rather than smoking it. Your choice, however.
  • Posted

All cases are different along with severity.  Low fat, no alcohol and they say no smoking.  Mine was acute and I am still so very cautious.  The pain of pancreatitis is execusiating !  Anyone who pushes the envelope obviously has never had a true case of pancreatitis.  

Sounds like your not speaking about yourself. 

• Posted

What makes you think you have pancreatitis in the first place. Smoking cigarettes can cause pancreatitis, so MJ if it helps the pain is better with edibles etc. I wish you well and no pain.
  • Posted

Ok so I will do a shorter long story.. sorry in advance since I'm on my phone.

It all started years ago, left side pain and into back. I was heavily drinking for years and thats when it started. I so remember a few instances when drinking heavily, when i was drunk as a skunk I had a very what stabbing pain in my back-directly on the spine. When I would not drink it was a lower left side pain on the back that was always there to some degree. Have always had gi issues but it all really changed when this started. Looser stools, lighter at times, floats sometimes, back and left side pain that was usually a dull ache its light burning. I continued doing this cycle if heavy biinges(liter a day) with days sober inbetween for a couple years after the pain started. I lost weight and felt crappybut never anything severe like most people report. It was only severe the few nights I had the stabbing pain on the spine in the middle back during a night binge. I went to the hospital 3 times annd lipase and amalysae always normal-but I did always go like 3 days after it flared.

I woulkd tons of farty greasy food the nights I was drinking too.

I ended up getting a scope and found "possible" gastritis but biopsies negative for hpylori. Not celiac either. The aysmprom s match pancreatitis to a GREAT deal so that's what worried me because of the drinking hx. I lost 40 lbs but have since gained it all back and actually gained more.

I quit drinking 6 months ago and it did feel better but was already slowly getting better anyways, even when I continued drinking for a year or two after it was the worst.

My only question right now ties into my original post: is it even possible if I had anything wrong with my pancreas that I could continue drinking up to a liter if vodka long after the pain originally started? Also I literally eat enormous amounts of fatty food when I smoke the green(whole take out pizza, whole order of cheese bread with sauces, pint of ben and Jerry ice cream, 5 or 6 big Reeses eggs, orher snack) i just think if i had really did have pancreas issues, i should have been dead or hospitalized many times. I always hear no more than 25 grams if fat, I'm eating 200+ grams of fat and I'm fine besides some nasty bowel movements and getting a gut lol. I just figure if I was boozin that heavily, eating 3 or 4 times the fat and calories of a normal person, and having been doing it for years- I would have had a massive attack multiplle times, if not dead. Jyst worried cuz of the symptoms matchung almost perfectly, but on the other hand my diet alone would off at been hospitalized many times. I hear ppl say oh I had one piece of pizza and that was a huge mistake and ended in the hospital for days- nothing remotely close to that for me. So unsure what the so. Could this be gastritis all along.. I've always hoped so but still always have pancreas in the back if my mind.

• Posted

You can’t have a pancreatic condition. You could not eat or drink like you do. Probably UC, IBS, Colitis etc.  If your not willing to make changes in your lifestyle I wouldn’t spend the time or money looking for a diagnosis. No GI issues can handle the abuse you feed your body.  

Good luck and hopefully you’ll decide to clean up your lifestyle in hopes of a healthier life. 

• Posted

Blimey if you’re eating like that no wonder you have gut problems! If you had pancreatitis, you’d know about it eating like that so I doubt that’s your problem. You won’t have done your body any favours over the years if you’ve done all you describe but hey, your choice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.