Pancreas still feels funny, not pain, but a preasure of sorts..

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I got out of the hospital about a month ago for acute pancreatitis. They wouldn't let me leave till I was able to eat solid foods. And while there they gave me solid foods too quick which inflamed my pancreas some more and I ended up staying another week as a result. But anyway, now a month later I had been feeling something that would come and go. At first it aaaalmost felt like a pain but would never build and it was on the left side of my abdomen. It didn't feel exactly like a pancreas attack because it didn't hurt, but it was on the left side. Again, it would come and go, 1 or 2 times a day for ten minutes at a time. Now it is very dull and every now and then I can feel a little twing. I dunno, they said that my pancreas experienced some bruising in the hospital so I guess it got beat up more than I would have hoped for.

Maybe I answered my own question there, but I was wondering how long does it take before you feel relatively normal with no twinges of dull pain or preasure?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I had a very similar experience. It's been about a month and I, like you, still have discomfort on my left side which comes and goes.I don't know how long this lasts either. I have not been eating any solid food though.I'm going to be visiting my primary care physician today so if I get any concrete answers I will share that info with you.
  • Posted

About 6 months, thats how long it took me.

Try to relax and dont think about it to much because itll stress you out and that will slow down the healing process.

Go to the store and buy some digestive enzymes, thatll give your pancreas time to heal while you eat, it wont have to produce as many enzymes to digest food.

Godbless and good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for replying you guys. I hope everybody here is feeling better as soon as possible. And I'll take your advice hnery01196 and look into digestive enzymes. I am at least glad I found this forum. All my questions are answered here reasonably quickly and well. Bah! If only I'd known about this pancreas stuff before hand.
    • Posted

You'll could find digestive enzymes at any organic or health food stores, like whole foods.

Take them and you guys should start feeling better as soon as you start taking them.

God bless you guys.

• Posted

Bless you to Henry and anybody else with this condition! Especially all you guys with CP. And thanks for the help with the enzymes. I guess I'll report back in a while at what I find.
  • Posted

On another thread re enzymes the topic was the cost, they're very expensive unless you live in a country which has a national health benefit scheme and if so best prescribed by your doctor to get the saving rather than over the counter.  Alternatively there are online

sites that help with the costs, check with the drug manufacturer first

they often have a section for that.

You can adjust the amount you need, no worries about overdosing. When my pancreas is playing up I take at 80000 -100000BP when it settles I can drop to 10,000BP.  Eat small amounts of low fat food several times a day rather than at one or two sittings.  Do the right thing and you might not progress to chronic.

If you are at a long lunch or dinner you need to take enzymes again during the meal, they only last for 30 minutes my gastro told me.

It can take months for things to settle after an attack.

• Posted

Gosh I am on the exact same road as you, i got out of the hospital about a month ago also. I still get pains on my side randomly, especially after i over do myself. Inknow the best thing for me is rest but I just can't sit still, the week in the hospital were absolute misery. I hope your pain gets better quickly and I know that this is probably one of the worst pains someone can have without expecting it.
  • Posted

Follow a good pancreatic diet

Eat small meals several times a day, drink plenty of water before and after meals

No stress as much as possible

don't eat late at night, nothing after 6:00/pm helps me.

Do some walking in between meals or some type of exercise, don't over do.

Get the enzymes as suggested, they don't last long in the digestive track so take them when you have eaten about 3/4 of your meal, so they can have a chance to work.

Get plenty of rest, you will notice in the morning you feel less of the twinges and dull pain/pressure.

As stated all of this will allow your pancreas a chance to rest and heal.

Also as stated, try not to think to much about it.

Hope you get to feeling better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.