Pancreatic cancer as I have steatorrhea so scared

Posted , 32 users are following.

Is it possible to have symptoms of a cancer and still be alive 26 months later, my fears are pancreatic cancer and I can not shake this.

It started 2 years ago with a terrible stomach pain which lasted a few days then the yellow bowel movements which led to 2 stone weight loss I also developed terrible upper left back pain and I have never recovered. During the time leading to present day I managed to regain the weight and back pain disappeared but still have the funny bowls which have escalated into constant loose,floating etc I seem to have steatorrhea,about 3 months ago this all flared up again and have lost 1 stone in weight but has stabilised,I get pain between shoulder blades and slightly on the left it burns after I eat I have foul wind also. It seems I'm not digesting fat and just don't feel good, every now and again a do a formed stool but it's always pale yellow to mustard in colour I also have bouts of diarrhea.

The doc has run so many tests to calm me down I have had a ultrasound,ct scan with contrast,endoscopy,colonoscopy,stool tests,blood tests. All are clear had a raised alt in liver but this resolved so no signs of jaundice,celiac,crohns,blockages,pancreatitis or cancer etc am so scared he has missed something sinister and feel it's only a matter of time before I die 😞 he is still wanting to explore the steatorrhea and ordered a MRCP

Could it be something simple like poor bile flow,ibs or something serious I know nobody can diagnose me but advice would be great thanks for reading am a 28 yr old male was 26 when all started I don't know if related but have developed alopecia Barbae also

2 likes, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Sibo is small intestine bacteria overgrowth a heard it can cause havoc inside I have been treated for this with no effect 😞

Had a really tough week this week with what my stools have been doing yellow/pale floating fat on the water it's a constant reminder something wrong.

WHY CANT THEY FIX ME 😞😡

• Posted

Hi did u get to the bottom of it? Have there fix u yet?
  • Posted

YOu find out what is the cause of your symptoms?

Would be nice to find out. Too many people never come back to update on thier diagnosis. 

• Edited

Hi ppl firstly massive apologises for no updates completely forgot about my post and no notifications where sent telling me ppl had try to make contact.

So basically since my MRCP I have proceeded to have a EUS which showed no areas of concern I then had about 11 blood tests done and a repeat feceal elastase test.my bloods where all clear and still awaiting stool result, my gastro guy has said he is gonna get my ct looked at again to make sure nothing has been missed but is pretty much ready to cut me loose as my condition is not life threatening and looking like ibs I still have massive psychological issues with all this like thinking am losing weight and skinny looking in mirror but go on the scales and still see the same numbers pop up as all the previous months which makes me a little calmer I still pass stool that resembles steatorrhea but have now came to the conclusion that it's just from quick digestion as there's no way I would maintain weight if a was really malabsorbing fat, all the facts I have read point to ibs but my mind tells me different it's a battle every day but I will win it

• Edited

Hi Gsc87, not sure if you are still on this forum but I found this thread doing a Google search and you have described my symptoms exactly. I have had Steatorrhea for atleast 1.5 years and some diarrhoea and pain. I have had colonoscopy, endoscopy and multiple scans (MRI, CT, CT Enterography, EUS) and nothing has been found. I have now been cut loose by the doctors with no explanation. In my research the only other explanations I have come up with are bile acid malabsorption and rapid digestion like you. I went through a year of thinking I had Pancreatic Cancer but the EUS ruled it out. Do you have any new ideas/ insights on what could cause this? Sometimes I freak out about gastrointestinal lymphoma and amyloidosis. The anxiety is terrible with no explanation.
    • Posted

Forgot to add the thing I freak out about the most is the constant yellow stool with fat floating on the water like an oil slick. 
    • Edited

Aw7719

i feel for you my friend I’m going through exactly the same as you and I also thought even beleaved I had and still do think I have pancreatic cancer and lost the plot many times over the past few years re this thinking.

its living dead as I call it and I’ve decided now that if I cannot get this out of my head pc then I’m actually better off dead !

its a horrendous way to try and live isant it my friend.

just had my gangrenous puss filled gallbladder removed 8 weeks ago surgeon told me I had hours to live ,cost me a fortune and the wonderful nhs refused to cat scan me my go refused me a private referral lol unbelievable but true. I managed to get a private referral online at a cost had the ct scan and was operated on the very next day at a cost of course lol

so my go in effect sentenced me to death , least that’s how I see it .

still in pain still have the what I call punched in the stomach pain all day nearly every day and still have the very light coloured floating stools I’ve had for 3 years now ?

god knows ?

and bless you my friend I’m with you all the way .

• Edited

Hi I just happened across your post and am having a struggle thinking i have pancreatic cancer.  I am an absolute wreck.  I went with bouts of yellow loose stool.  Long story short blood work, CT and stool tests.  My fecal fat came back increased and that is all that is off.  That said my gastro put me on a form of creon which I have just taken once because I am an anxious mess.  He then calls says I need a MRCP.   Well this has sent me over the edge.  

Other symptoms I have are bloating and gas after eating, weight gain and i guess indigestion.   

Any thoughts anything to calm me.  I am in the states and my test is this Friday and I don’t how i will survive until Friday and then wait for results.  I am a 45 year old female 

• Posted

Tamatha

hi hun could you tell me what your symptoms are please.

• Edited

I will try to make it short.  Back in 2016 I started going to a GI for IBS.  Well he did lots of tests I remember the most odd to me ones a  octreotide scan, a capsule endoscopy and a colonoscopy.  Then in early 2017 a HIDA scan and ultra sound.  All were fine.  Blood work showed a very high CRP and some elevated gastern level.  

About January 12th I noticed yellow soft stools now for me this was kind of “normal” when my IBS D was acting up.  Heck yellow mucus was common.  I tried to ignore it for 3 days then they became very light yellow. I also verp a lot which is what I call after eating and feels like you almost vomit burp, very gassy bloated after meals.  All which to my understanding go with IBS.  I saw a nurse practitioner and she sent me straight to the ER.  They did a CT and blood work all was good.  That was Sunday Jan 16 2018.  On that Friday I followed up with GI and he ordered fecal tests.  There were 4 only one came back abnormal and that was fecal fat quantitive.  Even the pancreatic elastase     They call with the results and say I need to start Zenpep two with each meal and snack and go for a MRCP.  I also have since noticed a weird maybe rash on my abdomen.  That is where my heath anxiety went in to high gear. 

Now as of yesterday morning I can’t sleep,can’t eat and can’t focus on anything but having cancer.  I cry constantly over not seeing my kids grow up.  I am a mess and I know it.  

Most frustrating is I am not hiding it from my GI, psychiatrist or husband.  Husband just yells and says stop it, GI thinks I am a nut and well the psychiatrist didn’t even return my call when I left a message and told the desk girl I am in a very bad mental state.  

• Edited

Tamatha

right now you listen to me ok ?

you do not have one symptom of pancreatic cancer ,you just made that clear to me by posting me yr symptoms,

what you have is cancer phobia and that’s a b*****d in its self.

i know as I’ve been struggling with the same thing over the very same thing myself for 2 years hun.

now if you had pan c 

first your stools will not be yellow ok 

‘they will be either grey silver or near white FACT

secondly you would have lost a hell of a lot of weight and fast FACT

and you do not mention this !!

also you appetite would have diminished FACT

and you do not mention this either !!

you have had some wonderful tests , I can only wish to have had some of your tests here in the uk it’s like impossible to get tests here it would seem, well at least for me.

now yr clearly worrying yourself to death over this bless you.as I have been and still am to some degree as I never quite seem to get it out of my head completely it’s still in the back of my mind all the bloody time and so hard to shake it !!

but I guess that’s cancer phobia.

all this worrying will so cause digestive issues on another level as we release diffract hormones and enzymes when in a state of fear and panic and worry etc !

remember what ever happens in the head happens in the gut ? FACT

yr hubby as hard as it is to deal with for him and it is !! 

Is not helping you , and that’s slightly sad, but it’s hard to live with anyone who has this particular cancer phobia .

i know as I’ve tortured my poor mrs with it for 2 years and they also get scared and don’t know how to deal with it , just like us really but in a different way.

i feel yr fear and it’s terrifying I know !!

NOW REALLY DO YOU REALLY THINK IF YOU HAD PAN C FOR 2 YEARS YOUD STILL BE ALIVE ???

REALLY ? ITS HIGHLY UNLIKELY INDEED !

i had a friend who just before Xmas was feeling unwell for a few months .

after which he decided to go to docs was diagnosed 3 weeks later , told he had around six weeks to live and died 3 weeks later !! 

THATS THE SPEED OF PAN C GENERALLY SPEAKING.

yippee x

now as easy as that is to say it don’t make the fear go away for you and me does it no it does not !!

so we have to rationalise here hun and try and change our way of thinking 🤔 

SOMEONE SAID TO ME DONT WORRY ABOUT CANCER UNTILL YOU HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH IT !!

AND AS WE KNOW THATS RIGHT !!

the trouble with worry is it gives you something to do , but gets you nowhere , it’s like running on the spot !

i suggest you go do something outrageous in yr life and stat having some fun and it might take this worry away and you can start living again ..

‘you do not have it !!

start living xx

stay in touch hun were the same me and you x

• Edited

Tamatha

you do not have one symptom of pancreatic cancer ,you just made that clear to me by posting me yr symptoms,

i know as I’ve been struggling with the same thing over the very same thing myself for 2 years hun.

now if you had pan c 

you have had some wonderful tests , I can only wish to have had some of your tests here in the uk it’s like impossible to get tests here it would seem, well at least for me.

now yr clearly worrying yourself to death over this bless you.as I have been and still am to some degree as I never quite seem to get it out of my head completely it’s still in the back of my mind all the bloody time and so hard to shake it !!

all this worrying will so cause digestive issues on another level as we release diffract hormones and enzymes when in a state of fear and panic and worry etc !

Is not helping you , and that’s slightly sad, but it’s hard to live with anyone who has this particular cancer phobia .

i know as I’ve tortured my poor mrs with it for 2 years and they also get scared and don’t know how to deal with it , just like us really but in a different way.

NOW REALLY DO YOU REALLY THINK IF YOU HAD PAN C FOR 2 YEARS YOUD STILL BE ALIVE ???

after which he decided to go to docs was diagnosed 3 weeks later , told he had around six weeks to live and died 3 weeks later !! 

yippee x

now as easy as that is to say it don’t make the fear go away for you and me does it no it does not !!

SOMEONE SAID TO ME DONT WORRY ABOUT CANCER UNTILL YOU HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH IT !!

the trouble with worry is it gives you something to do , but gets you nowhere , it’s like running on the spot !

i suggest you go do something outrageous in yr life and stat having some fun and it might take this worry away and you can start living again ..

‘you do not have it !!

start living xx

• Posted

Tamatha

now if you had pan c 

yippee x

‘you do not have it !!

start living xx

• Posted

Thank you.  It feels good that someone else gets my mind.  TMI this morning I woke up and immediately had to have a BMI    It was I guess loose or soft stool and even a lighter yellow which looked almost grey to me until I wiped and it was bright yellow.  I tried to tell myself don’t panic you are an emotional and mental wreck and your gut can’t handle it and is just reacting.  Of course that worked only 25% on me and back to the cancer.  

The kind of little time line of tests and stuff that I sent you seemed to help me some.  Seeing it written out was helpful.  

I guess this very light BM like this morning my mind is telling me is a new symptom and that’s why I can’t get through my head what my dr has told me and you that it has been going on a while.  If it were pancreatic c I wouldn’t be here or be terribly ill.  

Thank you for helping me thru this.  You are an angel to me.  

• Posted

Oh and this indigestion is definitely new.  
    • Posted

Tamatha14752

hi just wondering how you are doing now tamattha ?

be good to hear from you !!

• Posted

tamatha14752

hi sorry ive not been on here for a while as i tried to not keep feeding my mind as it were .

well im still alive lol as i see you are also lol

but still have the dreded pc in the back of my crazy mind , but im doing my best.

still have the very light colour stools ?

GAVE UP ON THE DOCS LONG AGO SO HAD NO FURTHER TESTING AND THEY REFUSE TO GIVE IT TO ME ANYWAY .

so yea lifes errr intresting to say the least but yes still kicking on ?

AND YOU MY FRIEND ?

how are you doing now ?

BETTER ALSO IM SURE ?

regards your angel.

come back to me so i also know you are still alive lol x

• Posted

hi you all have an update?we are more with the same symptoms

• Posted

this was not directed at me but just helped me a ton. I have been having the same symptoms and constant worries for 8 months. Your words make sense thank you again. Only difference is the sludge they just found in my Galbladder.

• Posted

johnny.

well if they have found sludge in your gallbladder thats in a way fantastic as they have indeed found your cause for your symptoms , right ?

AND THATS GOOD NEWS.

• Posted

tamatha

hi my friend its been 8 months since we spoke well spoke vi this site as such.

how are you doing now hun ?

ME IM STILL THE SAME LOL

this life is a crazy ride ah .

i have the dead same symptoms , not been back to docs as like you i gave up on them parasites , i have put on a lot of weight now too ?

Anyway it would be great to hear how you are doing ?

• Posted

Thank you! I think so. I will be seeing a different GI soon for a second opinion about next steps. I do not want to have it taken out unless necessary and my current GI is quite dismissive. however, it does make me feel slightly better. As you may already know sludge in the gallbladder can be due to many reasons, pancreatic cancer is one of them. I just try not to think about it!

• Posted

hi again.

no you are very very incorrect my friend.

sludge in the gallbladder is NOT a symptom pf pan c

no no no not so .

be happy you have sludge , ide say go private with your scan results re the sludge .

have a top consultant look them over get his or her opinion and go from their.

if your in london.

mr chales imber of the london digestive centre 41 wellbeck st is as good as they get , certainly saved my life with hours to live !!!!

another is mr andrew jenkinson of harley st on par with mr imber.

• Posted

Thank you! I may not have to go private as they show interest in removing it 😃

• Posted

also I have to admit google made me think this. I will stay off of it. Advice to everyone else, avoid google. Why do we do this to ourselves.

• Posted

johnny.

google convinced me i had pan c for 3 years my friend and i near topped myself twice ?so i completely get it lol.

and we do it to ourselves for 2 reasons.

1 we love life and we want to live for all our many reasons and once we learn about pan c and how deadly it is we s**t outselves , and of course why wouldant we , its bloody evil.

2 we have no choice because our doctors are bloody useless and couldant care less.

so dont beat youself up for being a normal human .

• Posted

I've been begging my gi to do a hida scan on me as I suspect a duct blockage. I've tried creon with no help so it's not the pancreas.

• Posted

Mrsoscared, thank you. yes we are all human. I have a baby girl coming in September. My wife's father passed away when she was young so I just want to do what I can to be sure I am here for them. Abdominal issues are the worst.

Thano you for your kind words! Also I am in the US. i have an appointment set but they will not see me until september. I will get my second opinion then and then possibly have my gallbladder removed.

• Posted

johnny

bless you , i understand . i too have a small son of 6 and your thoughts mirror my own.

but remember sadly we do not have any control at all over our departing im sorry to say .

lets just pray to jesus and hope for the best.

whats important is not how many years we live but how much living we do in the years ???

LIVE MY FRIEND LIVE HARD LIVE GOOD AND ENJOY EACH MOMENT

• Posted

Hello Again!

So I got the HIDA scan and gallbladder is working normal so no true explanation for constant gas and change in stool, and pain. I now have pain in my right knee with some swelling and in my left shoulder blade. the pain in my shoulder and knee are constant and never end. from the moment I wake to the time I go to bed they hurt. so here I am again

. back on my pancreatic cancer fears.

How have you been?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.