Pancreatic cancer as I have steatorrhea so scared

Posted , 32 users are following.

Is it possible to have symptoms of a cancer and still be alive 26 months later, my fears are pancreatic cancer and I can not shake this.

It started 2 years ago with a terrible stomach pain which lasted a few days then the yellow bowel movements which led to 2 stone weight loss I also developed terrible upper left back pain and I have never recovered. During the time leading to present day I managed to regain the weight and back pain disappeared but still have the funny bowls which have escalated into constant loose,floating etc I seem to have steatorrhea,about 3 months ago this all flared up again and have lost 1 stone in weight but has stabilised,I get pain between shoulder blades and slightly on the left it burns after I eat I have foul wind also. It seems I'm not digesting fat and just don't feel good, every now and again a do a formed stool but it's always pale yellow to mustard in colour I also have bouts of diarrhea.

The doc has run so many tests to calm me down I have had a ultrasound,ct scan with contrast,endoscopy,colonoscopy,stool tests,blood tests. All are clear had a raised alt in liver but this resolved so no signs of jaundice,celiac,crohns,blockages,pancreatitis or cancer etc am so scared he has missed something sinister and feel it's only a matter of time before I die 😞 he is still wanting to explore the steatorrhea and ordered a MRCP

Could it be something simple like poor bile flow,ibs or something serious I know nobody can diagnose me but advice would be great thanks for reading am a 28 yr old male was 26 when all started I don't know if related but have developed alopecia Barbae also

2 likes, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Dear any update???Same symptoms and so scared

• Posted

same here... there is a fellow joeyjiggs on here that also has the same symptoms for a year now, i had these symptoms my self for 6 months.

• Posted

Hi have u done any test?until now blood test ,ultrasound normal only fatty liver.No gallstones.what about you?

• Posted

none...i guess my ultrasound sound i had to showed nothing (hospital was eh) my bilirubin was high and high protein (no eating and dehydration) , i am waiting for my Dr appointment for more test.

• Posted

I have it more than 6 months and im so worried .Have u test for celiac?

• Posted

yes and its was negative, same for hpylori. So I'm at a lost, i just don't feel right.

• Posted

Same here .It is so annoying!!how old are you?is any chance this is from stress?i got this after a very stressful period

• Posted

i am 22, it's possible been very stressed before it started...and after. how old are you?

• Posted

I'd say 95% of the time the other percent are just a light brown or dark brown. or pale but still greasy.

• Posted

deadfred

yo

i can tell you that ive had these symptoms and worse for 5 years this october and no diagnosis still the same , but ive give up worrying as seems to be no help .

what are your symptoms that your most worrid about ?

• Edited

deadfred

i understand i lost over 35 kilos in 5 weeks 2 years ago and thought i was dead fir sure , but now ive put it and some all back on , ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.