Pancreatic or gall bladder?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone thanks for reading and hopefully giving me a bit of insight. 

I’m 31 quite fit but i used to drink most days after work for most of my adult life 

I started getting this dull ache in my right side beneath my ribs that feels like trapped wind. The pain would come and go but now when ever I drink alcohol I get this pain in my chest left and right up like behind my nipples  it doesn’t hurt just feels like trapped wind is this the beginning of acute pancreatitis?  Or would the pain be so bad I’d be in hospital?  I’ve now had this for 24 hours...

What are the fist signs for pancreatic problems ? 

When it all started a few months ago I thought it was my liver I had blood test that came back fine and I paid for a fibroscan that came back 6.1 perfect results. I did have an ultrasound that found a polyp on my gallbladder. 

Any ideas of what’s going on I’m sure it’s not trapped wind 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also feel a little sick but not actually  puked up .... any advise would be really appreciated 👍

• Posted

Also the gallbladder can make you feel nauseous. I felt very fatigued, nauseous and almost flu like symptoms before my gallbladder was removed. 
  • Posted

Hi I am pretty much in the same boat as you, dull ache under right ribs radiating through to back, very windy given lots of different stomach pills for that.  Had various scan all normal, but I don't feel at all normal.  Waiting for something to happen so to speak. But what is the next step .

• Posted

Hi Dannybob,

Normally pancreatitis pain is on the left side and is quite debilitating. Furthermore after you eat you have horrible pain plus there’s nausea and vomiting, weight loss and other symptoms. The right side is normally the gallbladder. You indicated you have a polyp on your gallbladder … I would have more tests done on your gallbladder. Regardless, I would stop drinking alcohol. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.