Pancreatic problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

I find a hot water bottle on stomach and back helps me a lot, does anyone get dizziness and terrible tiredness?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

There are anumber of medications that can give you this. Are you on any meds?
  • Posted

I think ti be honest we all have our own methods of easing the pains. mine is a warm drink if I apply heat it seems to make it worse and kick in more as soon heat is removed. I have found a warm tea or coffee works for me. 

The dizziness and tiredness could be the early signs of diabetes.  have you had a recent check up?

• Posted

Hi yes get checked for dibetic or it could be the meds but if you have been on tramadol for a while its not the meds but if the pain is bad that takes alot out of you so that could cause tiredness it does that we me.Hi robin can i ask what meds you are on because  you say a cup of tea helps you thats is the heat from it, if you are took to hospital thay give you nothing by mouth no even a ice cube they put a iv in you arm so that it gives your pancrease a rest if the pain is realy bad is that your thing you do to get rid of it the  pain that can cripple some  people are on morphine for this kind of pain not tea or your pancrease is only a bit damaged.Hi lyne if the pain is still a bit tender after you take you tramadol you have to go back to the doctor for something a bit stronger 
    • Posted

I don't get that much pain in the pancreas mine is in the back also between the shoulders I get it on the right side now and again.. Even though my sugar has been checked if I eat something sweet I feel a lot better.. My daughter has been diabetic for 33 years so I do check mine a lot...
    • Posted

I was on nil by mouth for 15 days and iv. my last attack was a level 3 going into a level 4. in hospital after 15 days I was givwn orange juice diabetic type and then they started me on tea luke warm. 

meds are tramadol 8 a day and 8 Paracetamol and and lanzapol for acid. plus bp meds and every foue to six weeks I end up with a chest infections.  damage caused from the pancreas enzymes and my attack. 

and its mad but I find tea and coffee help others finfs leaning on a radiator helps which we all have our ways that we try right one.

• Posted

a little thing I have found might seem mad but worth thinking about.  first if your bed is sprung the put a foam mattress topper on it. springs tend to be uncomfortable ob sensitive parts. 

two. in your car do you get uncomfortable driving changing gear and the seat. shove a pillow down behind your left side if driving for a while and if you drive a manual car try to find the route with least amount of gear changes.  seems mad but worth a try. 

• Posted

o Robin you are mad you have made ma day am laughing like hell hear yes a do drive a think that would be good with the pillows ha ha ha am still laughing at this great stuff a think a need to go and take some pain killers am doubled over way laughing
    • Posted

Robin you were 15 days in hospital that is a long stay am on the same meds as you sometimes the meds dont work then a take dyhdrocodine from a friend that works straight away a think cause there morphine in it
    • Posted

I was in for 18  days In total. I wanted to leave with meds. I was missing my wife and kids and dog lol. I only ate a sandwich and that was good enough for me to leave. it took me a further 3 days to poo. didn't know how bad I was till they told me 6 weeks later that they thought I would not make it.  and they had  me in a bed near the door never a good sign lol.

meds to be honest I try to take the least amount possible.  one drink I have found if I am having a really bad pain session is honey and blackcurrant warm not hot... 

• Posted

Hi Lyne have you had a blood test for bone density people with CP have to get this checked yearly because we dont get all a our nutrience from our food because we lack enzymes from our pancrease so you dont end up with osteoporsis  doctor takes blood from me every year to check it 
  • Posted

I get tired.  I don't know if it's the pancreatitis or my COPD.  My abdomen has hurt 4-10 on a 1-10 scale since 7/2.  About 1 1/2weeks ago, all the pain just stopped.  I don't know it that's good or bad.  I've been trying to get in to the Pancreatic Center at Univ. of San Sanfrisco for a month.  For some reason, they received the 60 something pages I sent, which was my medical records since 7/4 when I went in the hospital the first time, the second time, my MRIs, my CT Scans, my Ultrasound tests and my X-Ray results, but they can't seem to receive the referral from my Dr. (sent 3 times).  My final scan on 9/22 showed my gallbladder was very enlarged.  It hadn't been before.  i can't get an appt. until they get the referral.  Get this!!!  With my insurance, I can self refer.  UCSF will not accept me on a self referral.  My Dr. must do it!  I hate dealing with this sh*t!!!!  My GI Dr. here wanted me to see a surgeon to have my gallbladder removed.  The surgeons here won't do the surgery because of my COPD.  They have all told me to go to San Francisco.  I've been trying for a f*cking (sorry) month to get an appointment.  I'm losing my mind!!!!!
    • Posted

I don't get much joy here with the consultants or my own doctor, I am going round in circles here, I had blood in my urine so they pestered me for ages saying it was my bladder so in the end went had a cystoscopy and guess what bladder was fine so then sent me for ultrasound on kidneys I told them you are looking in wrong place, ultrasound clear now they say ct on upper urinal tract. If I rest and don't do anything I don't feel to bad, but it's when I move around then everything starts to hurt my flank liver stomach I have just about given up... The only enjoyment I get is watching movies.....
    • Posted

I don't get much joy here with the consultants or my own doctor, I am going round in circles here, I had blood in my urine so they pestered me for ages saying it was my bladder so in the end went had a cystoscopy and guess what bladder was fine so then sent me for ultrasound on kidneys I told them you are looking in wrong place, ultrasound clear now they say ct on upper urinal tract. If I rest and don't do anything I don't feel to bad, but it's when I move around then everything starts to hurt my flank liver stomach I have just about given up... The only enjoyment I get is watching movies.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.