Pancreatitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had acute pancreatitis a few months ago. Now, the doctors are thinking that it ma be chronic or autoimmune pancreatitis.   I am achy, in lots of lower and upper abdominal pain, but no vomiting,as yet. Can't eat because afterwards it always makes me sick.  My question ls:  can you have pancreatitis without the vomiting?

Would appreciate any answers. Am so sick of being so sick.

Thanks in advance.

Carly

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have Chronic Auto Immune Pancreatitis diagnosed about 18 months ago and vomiting was and is not one of my symptoms.  I must say however that I never was prone to vomiting easily as some people are. 

Just before diagnosis I came very close due to increasing nausea and I wished I'd vomit to be rid of that awful feeling.  Once diagnosed and treatment started the nausea reduced which may have been as a result of my low fat diet, Creon and PPI. 

It takes ages for the pancreas to settle after an attack, you should eat very small low fat meals, even go on liquid diet for a couple of days to ensure your pancreas doesn't work too hard.  Only eat small amounts at a time just increase the number of them, 5 or 6 small meals is way better than 3 regular meals.

We really have to manage this ourselves mostly, there's no magic pill or exercise or mind set that improves the condition unfortunately.  Make sure your doc covers all the bases during your checkups and you take charge at home.  Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply and information.  We really do have to manage everything ourselves. It doesn't seem like the docs know that much about this or other autoimmune diseases. 

Take care of yourself!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.