Pancreatitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Was diagnosed with H-Pylori 18 months ago. Finally got rid of that but pain in upper middle abdomen persisted. I've had CT scans , colonoscopy, upper GI , and Hida scan. Everything was clear. But the abdominal pain is worse than ever. It's 24/7 , and has been that way for months now. The Hida scan showed 88%. So my gastroenterologist said everything was fine. Are there any other test that I've missed ? I can't continue to live with this pain. It's constant and gets extreme . My abdomen hurts " every morning " then gets a bit better as my day passes. Have drank much alcohol , don't smoke , exercise by walking daily and have very healthy eating habits. Could I have pancreatitis and it was missed in all the tests ? Losing faith in the medical profession rapidly. Thanks for any replies or suggestions. I'm totally lost on what to do next.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Misstyped a word. Have NEVER DRANK much alcohol..
  • Posted

I doubt they missed it.  But if you seriously feel it could be pancreatitis be sure your seeing a Dr that specializes in the pancreas.  My pain is more rib cage, side and back.  My IBS causes abdominal pain quite regularly. I have learned to deal with my pain, it is daily.  I refuse to give into it.  Some days I do have to lay around all day and rest. 

Does eating effect your pain ???  No alcohol at all with pancreatitis!!! None !!!

• Posted

No. Eating doesn't make any difference. Have the pain whether I eat or not. Stool always floats too.

The pain started while I was taking the H-Pylori treatment. The nausea left and the lower stomach pain left. But the upper middle abdominal pain has remained. All day and all night. Just under the breast bone. Doesn't hurt any more or any less to press on the area. It's just not tender to press on. 18 months ! Just really tired of hurting this much 24/7. Haven't had an ERCP test though. Just read about that one.

• Posted

Just made an appointment with the gastroenterologist doctor for next Thursday. Very worrisome. Thank you so much for your reply. Very much appreciated.
    • Posted

Don't think my answer posted for some reason. I'll repeat 😊..I'll post again after my appointment next Thursday. Thanks.

• Posted

Hi, i think the normal range for a HIDA scan is 35% to 75%. I would ask your gastro about that as 88% isn't normal.

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.