pancreatitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have recently came out of hospital after having chronic on acute pancreatitis. i had 2 pseudocysts which have now got a metal stent and a double pigtail stent put in .

with the current covid 19 going on should i self isolate .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think that you are at any additional risk due to pancreatitis. If you have an immune condition, you should definitely try to self isolate. In general, it benefits everyone if we ALL self-isolate, regardless of our medical conditions.

I do not have a spleen, following my distal pancreatectomy, so I'm a little more concerned than usual. I'm trying to have whatever supplies I need delivered, to cut down on the number of visits to the store. I've also canceled all non-essential doctor appointments for now, and am doing virtual visits where possible.

Overall, isolating keeps you from getting sick and helps keep you from being a carrier.

• Posted

Hi Thanks for the reply

I have spoken to the hospital that did the procedure and they have given me the all clear and said i am in as much danger as everyone else.

• Posted

Well, I guess that's good and bad news. For now, just do whatever you can to manage your pain (heat, medication, rest, a liquid diet), and take care of yourself as well as you can. Also, keep an eye on any changes in your pain. If anything changes, call your doctor.

I know this is not a solution, but please hang in there. And make sure you get an appointment on the books if you need an ERCP. Feel better. Xx.

• Posted

This is a question for you, if you don't mind what is a stent what does it do

• Posted

so they stsy in permanently to continue to drain ? It sounds like there are things to be done xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.