Pancreatitis acute , what should I think ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

My uncle got ill for 2 days ago ( pancreatitis) he was complaining weeks before this episode that his urine turned brownish. He has no gallblader stones, but we are waiting for some additional test results also. 

I think that if its not stones than it could be pancreatic cancer because he had urin discoloration weeks prior this so its not stone , not colesterol , it can only be cancer 

What do u think ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Pancreatitis may be related to cancer, but it is oftentimes caused by other things: gallbladder stones and alcohol abuse being the top two causes. It can also be caused by certain medications, a genetic issue, or have no known cause.

In the day and hours before my attacks, my urine turned brownish. This has something to do with the liver being impacted in some way. The liver, gallbladder, and pancreas are interconnected in their function. 

Wait for the test results. It’s better than guessing. They’ll likely get a CT scan, if they have not already.

Hang in there.

• Posted

Wait for test results and don't panic, stress causes a lot of symptoms as well.

Brownish urine can also indicate dehydration, urine goes darker when it's concentrated.  Have him increase his

fluid intake.  As well look at his diet as some foods change the colour of urine. I assume his doctor is aware of this issue.  There are many reasons why his urine could be darker than normal.  

• Posted

Hi just wondered why would you think it could be cancer?my urine as been dark it could be that he hasn't drank enough water so please dont worry untill he as been checked I get the same thoughts so I know how it feels do wish him well.

• Posted

Wow don’t jump to conclusions.  I had very dark urine prior to my pancreatitis attack.  They do go hand in hand.  Dehydration also causes that.  Pancreatitis does not mean cancer.  Wait till you get the results.  Praying for the best.  
  • Posted

Thanks for sharing. Praying all is well for your family. I have acute pancreatitis with severe back and sternum area pain. I do not drink alcohol and never have. I do not have dark urine but I have trouble urinating and I drink a lot of water. They did find a spot on my spleen do they did another VT today.
  • Posted

Thanks for sharing. Praying all is well for your family. I have acute pancreatitis with severe back and sternum area pain. I do not drink alcohol and never have. I do not have dark urine but I have trouble urinating and I drink a lot of water. They did find a spot on my spleen so they did another CTtoday.
  • Posted

Andy,

I know how frustrating it is waiting on tests and worrying. I have had about 60 or so hospitalizations due to acute pancreatitis. Please don't jump to cancer. I know it's hard not. It's a scary ordeal. Please tell me if he's currently in the hospital and what tests they have done. Did his lipase and amalyse go down to normal after a few courses of IV fluids? I know you're scared. It's an awful thing to watch anyone go through. Please find out some of these things and write again. ask anything you'd like. I'm here to talk with you. 

Sonya 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.