Pancreatitis? Mild gastritis? Does it sound like either?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since last year, have been having warmth in back off and on for a year after eating. Ct scan was done and only showed thickened adrenal gland (no cancer) Blood tests were ok. Ulstrasound done last year of abdomen ok. This year having pain in right side after eating at (no gall bladder) and have stomach pain after eating. Just had endoscopy and showed mild gastritis. Doc set me up another up for another abdominal ultrasound and suggested it may be liver stones. Anyone have these and what do they do for them? Also could this be pancreatitis or mild gastritis? Sometimes I can feel pressure into back when eating.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If your endoscopy showed mild gastritis, you already have a diagnosis for one of your problems. Avpid typical gastritis triggers such as chocolate, coffee and greasy or spicy foods.

If you have had your gallbladder removed, this can also cause irritation.  So you may have two things going on.The best way to find out about liver stones is to wait and see what  if anything  your scan shows.

• Posted

Hi Pippa,

I had the gall bladder removed about 10 years ago, can it start acting up after having no problems with it for all those years?

• Posted

Liver stones is another name for gallstones.  One of the complications of gallbladder removal is stones remaining in the bile duct.  You can also have trouble digesting fatty foods, have temporary or chronic diarrhoea and or constipation.  A condition called bile acid malabsorption can also occur.

If you do have stones, they may be the cause of your right sided pain because this is the location of your gallbladder.  Stones can move or you can pass them naturally.  They can also be removed surgically if they are causing symptoms.

• Posted

Thanks Pippa,

I'm curious if that can happen several years after gall bladder removal.

• Posted

If your doctor is looking at the possibility of gallstones even after gallbladder removal, he/she will be aware this complication can occur even after this time.
    • Posted

If gallstones are not passed naturally and they are causing a lot of trouble, they can be removed surgically.  This is the usual treatment.   My mum has her gallbladder and a stone but it appears not to be causing trouble, so doctors are just leaving it as it is.
  • Posted

Just had some salty noodle soup and crackers and stomach hurts all under breast bone area.
    • Posted

Maybe the crackers and noodles contain wheat and this is irritating your stomach.  Maybe try gluten free food to see if it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.