pancreatitis now

Posted , 4 users are following.

I looked for a discussion on pancreatitis but no one has used it. I am very ill and need support but cant find any. Can you help. THANKYOU DEBBIE HARRISON

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie, you're not alone.

Please reply to this message and I will point you to a very active forum where we should be able to help you.

Stu

• Posted

Hi stuart13,

Go ahead and post the url if you wish to. It will get flagged for moderation but I will ok it once I see it.

For info, we will be tidying up the subjects in the forums. For example, we have discussions on Acute Pancreatitis under A and Chronic under C. These will get merged into Pancreatitis. Similarly the various pancreatic tumours may get merged etc.

Hope this helps,

Emis Moderator

• Posted

Ok thanks.

www.pancreatitis-forum.org.uk

Lots of sufferers and carers. You can talk to those who are also suffering like you Debbie, and who understand what you are going through and hopefully help you, with advice, suggestions and shoulders to cry on.

Stu

• Posted

It's a good idea to merge the pancreatic subjects as they are so closely interconnected, with very similar issues for the patients, and all require the attention of doctors with pancreatic disease knowledge.
  • Posted

Thanks for your replys, Im afraid I a bit thick with computers.I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT URL IS sorry. is this how i reply to people who post me,

Debbie

• Posted

merging the pancreatic subjects would be a good idea
  • Posted

If you click on the link it should take you there Debbie, or copy and paste the link into your browser.

• Posted

hi my name is tony and im 42 i live in scotland im not sure if i have pancreatitis acute,or chronic i have had this horrible illness for about two years im due into hospital next month with gallstones it would be good to talk to anyone with this disease god bless tony
  • Posted

Hello tony, I feel very sorry for you now that you have pancreatitis,.my first bout of it was when I was 18, it was then found I had gall stones. They removed them 3 years later,but the panc. didn't last so long that time as it was acute due to blocked stones in my bile duct this is common cause of ACUTE panc. this type doesn't last for more than a few months.although it is extremely painful. , I have cronic panc.at the grand old age of 60 after years of acute pain on and off 3 years ago after every blood test, cameras MRIs CAT scans and anything else they could think of ( and loosing 5 stone in3 months),

Are you in constant pain or does it vary, are you seeing consultants regally. Are you getting enough pain relief, I am on morphine now, as you know the pain can be unbearable.

Cronic panc. is for life, it won't get better but can be kept under control. If I can help in anyway just message me,

regards Debbie

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these. If you wish to contact other users directly please use the messaging facility.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.