pancreatitis threw ercp gallstones

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had gall stones in bile duck and surgens done a ercp procedure and i took pancreatitis threw it its been 3 months now since the gall bladder and pancreatitis but still getting really sore back where i was getting attack of gall bladder i can't carry a bag sometimes i get really sore how long did yous wait to go back to work and to feel normal again ?

will i always have flair ups of pancatitus ? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

even after removing the stones are removed you will still be in pain.  it depends on damage done when you had your attack and what level of your attack. you also have make the life style changes and stick to low fat diet and no alcohol etc. 

many of us still are living daily with bouts of pain. by learning to take your pain relief to help manage the pains and knowing what the limits are.

I had an idiopathic acute pancreatitis attack at level 3 going to 4 and I spent 15 days in hospital. from boxing day till this year. I spend most days in pai  even now. But thanks to the help and support from here I am learning more about my condition and different ways to try and help ease the pain.

• Posted

Robin thanks to your reply 

I was in hospital in and out for 2 months with gallbladder and with pancatitus i was in for 6 days i went back to work after 7 weeks but i can only do 3 hours ma back gets really sore bent over where gallbladder has been ma speach slurs sometime think this is when am in server pain and recently my area  went numb  think this is ma body telling me am doing too much is it ? 

Would you go back off on the sick if it was you ? 

Will i do more damage to ma body if i stay at work ?

• Posted

to be honest I am on sick now as the amount of pain relief and sudden bouts of pain prevent mr from doing my job safely. even driving can be painful. not my car its my body just cannot sit still for long.

I would be taking leave until you are ready. 

keep on at the doctors I have been told having my gall bladder out will cause further issues. yet a surgeon wants to take it out but other consultant say no. its confusing and at times head doing. 

• Posted

Hi genna thanks for your reply i did get it checked out with ma doctor and he says its with the amount of pain am in at times it only happens when am at ma work xxxx 
    • Posted

you need to stop work and let your body recover slowly or you could make yourself worse. 

plus check with your employer as alot of company insurance policies don't cover you if you have an accident.  This is something I found out eg people taking things like tramadol while working with machines are not likely to be covered because of the tablets effects.

I have had a few bouts where you loose normal function because of it. get blood pressure checked as pain raises blood pressure and keep a check for diabetes

• Posted

I'm so glad u didn't have a stroke!  This pancreatic sh*t is a major pain!  Haha...no pun intended.
  • Posted

I had severe necrotising pancitius due to a gallstone in the bile duct back in April, I was in intensive care for 5 weeks.  Having my gallbladder removed on Friday! Do scans show you have scaring and damage to your pancritis? I've been told that the damage to my pancitius and the psdsocyst and causing my bouts of back pain. I've been to a&e countless times with pain, I've learnt my limits and when I need to seek medical help! 
    • Posted

Charly am just new to all this too mibee put a post up and people with tell you

what ave noticed with reading is nothing shows on scan and mri but thats with the pain not sure with scaring hope your felling a little better are you back at work ? 

• Posted

charly I would think twice about gall bladder removal. I was told i would be back to normal.  but after finding out from others what has gone wrong and my doctor telling me it would cause other issues even slack bottom etc. and further pain. it doesn't cure pancreatitis it just removes a possible link. once the damage is done etc. 

I have had mine cancelled twice due to repeat lung infections that it now turns out is damaged caused by the enzymes in the blood stream during an attack. I have decided to not have it done.

• Posted

Pancreatitis is usually a sign of Tumour of the pancreas; I was diagnosed with 'gallstones,' by my NHS hospital consultant, even after the ultrasound scan  did not find any & I told him my symptoms were cancer(obtained from his employer website, nhs.co.uk) continued after a ECRP found a blocked bile-duct, which was cut & a plastic sleeve(stent) was fitted & this NHS doctor/& the consultant continued to lie to me, stating there was nothing there! That was sept.2014, in early Oct.2014 I was told by another NHS consultant from the same NHS hospital that I had 'Tumour of the Panceas.' This was repeated last Friday by the consultant who said, "it's serious, needs to be cut out, straight away & treated with Chemo Therapy." I agreed to have it cut out 'staright away,' but not the Chemo, only to be told nothing available until mid-Jan. 2015!  Previously, in June 2013 my GP practise said it was nothing & it(pain) would go away & refused to examine me, just spoke to me over the phone! Doctors/Consultant's make mistakes, get a second opinion, plse?
  • Posted

here's a link to very good doctor, phone, book/pay & make an appointment please.

From the extensive research I've done, 'by the time Patients feel abdominal pain,' the tumour has already travelled to other areas of the body... ask for PET Scan, to find that out... better to know, then it can be treated; you may also have option to be treated overseas via Proton Beam Therapy Treatment but don't hold your breadth as, this LibDem/Conservative government has made cut-backs & it's a bit of a lottery...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.