Pancreatitis with clear scans?

Posted , 4 users are following.

.Is it possible to have pancreatitis or another pancreas issue having had clear scans. I've been convinced I have a pancreas issue for the last year despite having lots of clear scans (4 x CT, MRCP and EUS). The main reason for this is the pain and the loose floating stools. I recently bought some OTC pancreas enzymes and they have made a difference with the stools. Though, because I've had so many clear tests, it just doesn't seem possible

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i heard that chronic pancreatitis can take years to diagnose even with scans. thats mainly because it takes so long for thedamage to become visible on scans. Pancreas is one of the hardest organs to diagnose. you could also have a gallbladder issue too have you had a HIDA scan?

• Posted

what are your symptoms? they are usually pretty clear to me... mine starts with loss of appetite pain wrapping around my back. super dull ongoing pain just under my chest plate then slowly shifts a bit to my left side of my rib cage. I dont get nausea but the majority due to my knowledge.

• Posted

How is it diagnosed when it doesn't show on scans? I haven't had a HIDA yet

• Posted

Main things are mid upper abdominal pain, back pain and also stiff neck on left side, loose floating stools, fatigue, spells of light headedness. My abdomen also visibly pulsates like a heartbeat constantly, though only visible reclined or lying down. The symptoms have been going on for a year now

• Posted

Usually the MRCP and EUS are gold standard tests when looking at the pancreas. A CT would show some damage (maybe atrophy) but usually blockages, but the other two look at a working pancreas. Have you been checked for different conditions like gastroperisis? There's many other symptoms which mimic pancreatitis especially the gallbladder. Furthermore, you get a slew of symptoms with pancreatitis. Regardless even with a diagnosis nothing changes if you do have a pancreas condition. The only difference is you need to change your diet. It took my doctors over a year to diagnose me and I was born with two ducts. I went through many different treatments but nothing helped. My two ducts would clog up and bile would get backed up. After two years of no success I just had my pancreas removed.

• Posted

I'm not going to lie, it's a tough surgery to overcome. I'm still in the hospital and was told I'll be here another week at least (already been here two weeks). I got an infection and fluid building up in my abdomen so it's delaying my recovery. The good thing is no more pancreas pain! I'm dealing with other pain but I feel it's totally worth the major surgery. I just can't wait to go home and eat (not allowed to eat right now, I'm on tube feedings). All and all it's all good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.