Panic

Posted , 9 users are following.

Am in a high state of panic tonight , nearly midnight and on high alert anxiety sky high can't sleep - had first therapy session today due to health anxiety and ive got lots of studying and self help to do - im panicking hubby away and there was a massive massive spider crawling up the wall that freaked me out, so upset can't sleep and falling apart , so eo e calm me down please x

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lou,  sorry to hear your panicking I know the feeling,I'm going for some therapy soon myself for Anixety...try to stay calm I know it's no fun do anything to distract your mind while your hubby is away maybe listen to your favorite tunes ok.

• Posted

Thank you for replying to me - it's so hard. ..... Trying to breathe properly just a bit scared tonight , live in the middle of nowhere and it's so dark and creepy aswell, I'll be fine in the morning - why is everything so bad at night , all my senses are high almost feeling fight or flight , heart thumping - dreadful x

• Posted

Hi Lou, first thing take some breathes....did you smash the spider? If not either smash it or grab what you need from that room, close the door and lay on the couch. Your husband can handle the spider tomorrow. As for the studying put that off until the morning as well. Just focus on breathing and relaxing for now
    • Posted

Oh god just led in bed scared to move hearts thumping I can hear it in my ears . Whacked it with a shoe but it ran off , hubby away for 10 days , I can't get a grip trying to breathe but my hearts thumping in my head - all my symptoms are alive , hate this and too scared to put the light on just got a little night tight and it's deadly quiet - could do with a drink but do t want to go downstairs , I'll have to creep in the bathroom and drink from the tap - how bad is that - this anxiety stinks 

• Posted

Awww lou Im sorry! Put the light on even if your scared. Lets get you through this
    • Posted

Too scared to put light on becky don't know if I should ring Samaritans - feel sick 

• Posted

Hi

I'm sure your therapy session may have brought up some stuff....take a couple of deep breaths.... I know anxiety sucks just talk yourself down this too shall pass just not fast enough I hope you feel better I try and distract myself read pray clean I have to distract myself or I will go crazy xo

• Posted

thank you yes, it brought up loads of stuff from the past and made me super super aware and alert and scared - got so much mental therapy to do , this is all because of surgical meno which makes things a million times worse - it's just awful, heart thumping so hard it's throbbing in my ears I can hear the blood flowing it's making me feel sick x

• Posted

Oh I'm sorry Lou. Does watching tv help? That is usually the only thing that will take my mind off of it until I fall asleep

• Posted

Hi again

Oh the thumping heartbeat ughhhh all these symptoms are so annoying I have my period right now and I feel like I'm giving birth ughhh yesterday and today I could have birthed oh about five kids with these killer cramps ughhhhh I'm a nurse so you can imagine where my head goes when symptoms pop up I think when will I have a good day if it's not one thing it's another this last year so many symptoms just know we are all right with you!!!! My anxiety is worse when I don't have my period because I get bad cramps then when it's over the anxiety is back as well as other symptoms.....hang in there

• Posted

Yes watching telly does help but im too scared to go downstairs - feel a bit calmer as been talking to a girlfriend and she's calmed me a bit, she's gone now though so I'm just led here worrying - can still feel my heart thumping and my necks throbbing a bit - worrying that I havnt bolted the door but im sure I have - stomachs growling and gurgling now, whys that   ? For gods sake this is ridiculous - stomachs really noisy worrying about that now 

• Posted

so sorry you e got this crap too - stomachs really noisy and banging around all of a sudden , freaking out about that now - don't know what's happening 

• Posted

Lou. Do you have any medicine to take?
    • Posted

no nothing only some wine in the dresser downstairs but too scared to go down there - my stomachs really really noisy all of a sudden 
    • Posted

Well when you make it through tonight...which you will. Maybe you might ask your doctor for something just to help you when you are having bad anxiety? I don't like to take them, but sometimes I feel like I am doing my body more harm by not taking something to alleviate the stress. You have us on here for support. Post as much as you need to. Maybe watch some videos on YouTube? There are lots of full tv episodes. I like hogans heroes😊

• Posted

Thank you yes I'll ring the surgery tomorrow - can't do the body any good getting like this all the time can it - now I'm gonna take your advice and watch something on the iPad and try to relax - am sat bolt upright at the minute but am gonna lay down now and breathe. Thanks for all your support x and sorry to everyone for being a right pain in the bum x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.