Panic/Anxiety and fearing hallucinations..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting on a forum about my struggles with anxiety. i want to give you a little background on how it started. The first i had issues with anxiety was about 2 years ago after smoking weed with some friends and having a really scary panic attack. That was my first xperiencing something like that and I constantly went to the hospital to find out what was wrong with me. To make a long story short I was diagnosed with panic disorder, however after a year or more i returned to my original self.  Foolishly three months ago I smoked weed again and had a panic attack. It wasn't as scary this time because I knew this was but the panic disorder struck once more. I've been having lots of ups and downs with it but as of late my fears of having a panic attack of decreased and I have been more specific fears. The biggest that I fear is having hallucinations (visual or auditory) or becoming delusional and actually believing the bizarre thoughts I can think of sometimes. It really scares the crap out of meand makes me lose hope that I will achieve some sense of normality again. I have been seeing a therapist and psychiatrist, but the latter hasnt been working out too well lately mainly due to my aversion of medication and not wanting to depend on it, as well as the fact that I have tried about two SSRI's but having really adverse reactions to it. I was hoping that someone could offer me some reassurance by sharing with my there success stories with anxiety or just general advice on how I can cope with these worries, thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

SNRI;s can also help with anxiety. I had adverse reactions to SSRI's but can tolerate SNRIs, They have helped me
  • Posted

Hi deffbee

You aren't alone! I took an ecstacy last year on holiday in Ibiza and had a really funny turn to the point I had to get a doctor. That awful night as stuck in my head and made a mark and I've had panic attacks and anxiety ever since. I know exactly what you mean about believing your horrible thoughts..I think I've had every symptom that comes with a panic attack from the heart attack feeling (which I have daily now) to the feeling you're going mad. I had diazepam but I don't want to to take it too much to rely on it. I've started my cognitive behaviour therapy I have my third session tonight and I just hope it helps because feeling like this every day is getting my down. I'm trying everything at the moment to not feel like this and hypnotherapy had been recommended to me so I have booked myself In for that as well! I suffer from chest pains and just generally feeling uncomfortable every day now and have regular panic attacks but the feelings I get are exactly the same feeling as how I felt that night in Ibiza so I know it's my horrible brain just going into over drive! I hope this has helped in letting you know you aren't alone in how you're feeling! 

Mimi smile x

• Posted

Do you have a holistic health shop you can visit? I would recommend that you take supplements (the mineral magnesium for example which we are all deficient in) that protect and help the brain recovery from the injuries you have subjected it to. Marijuana is not pure. All kinds of things are mixed into it...unlike years ago. Keep far away from anything that messes with your mind. You could also have a brain that is sensitive and/or you have a genetic predisposition. 

Keep away from all stimulants. You may think that coffee or colas are not going to aggravate the situation but they do. When you are stable, which I am sure you will be if you take care of yourself and treat yourself well (good diet as well), then reintroduce coffee.

Good luck Deffbee!

• Posted

Oh dear...nit a good idea to take marijuana. Nowadays you just don't know what they mix in with it.i am sure you have now learned from these bad experiences.

Can you get to a health store to speak to a naturopath?  Ask for supplements to help your brain repair...such as magnesium.  Look up magnesium (a natural mineral...like calcium) to read how it can help.

good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.