Panic/anxiety disorder/attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been dealing with panic/anxiety disorder for about 2 months. I was wondering if I can drink alcohol during parties or raves? It would be occasionally.

Note: I drank heavily once 2 weeks after my very first panic attack and I got an even worse panic attack 3 days later. Is the alcohol directly related?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi joey

I would say that alcohol definitely makes

Episodes of anxiety / panic worse

Whether it's the root cause only you will know . Many turn to alcohol for short term relief or to blank out negative thoughts

But the problem still persists

when the alcohol intake has stopped

And the withdrawal process takes place

Not only are you left with a hangover

Your dealing with the anxiety aswell

It's much worse for a reason it's like you've

Overloaded your already loaded body

It can't cope thus it thrusts you into a full blown panic

I used to get similar episodes where I would drink , the worst part was when the alcohol

Starting wearing off also if I didn't get enough sleep this turned out to be hell

I stopped drinking albeit occasionally

Because trying to cope with they episodes

Was just to much , even though I knew it was always going to happen

Regards daz

• Posted

Alcohol can have an effect. If it does then it makes sense not to drink while you have issues. Your call but probably not worth it
  • Posted

I never drink when anxious, worse combo I think. I had terrible anxiety once triggered by a hangover. I would be very cautious about drinking whilst going through anxiety.
    • Posted

Is it possible to become fully cured from anxiety problems?? Or will I never be able to drink on Social events ever??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.