Panic attack

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi every one.

When I'm writting this emai, I feel very tired and depression. I was diagnosed panic attack 2 years ago and I was treated by medication in 2 years. When I use medication, I don't feel boring or depression, but  when I'm not use this medication, my life is so teribble. I don't want to depend on medication, because I don't see any possitive things when I used it. The doctor that treated me is not good, all thing he can do is give me medications, it repeat over time when I come to his clinic. I just only talk my feeling to very few people because in Viet Nam, the person who had a sympton like that is seem a madman. I finished the treatmet 2 months ago. In a fist time, evrythings seem normal, but few weeks later, I feel very boring. I do not want to do anything. I tried going to my friends, drink coffee with some person to relieve stress. But It's not work. How can I do now, take medication again and depen on it in the long time or do some new things? Pls help me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi if you feel good on medication why would you come off? The reason the meds work is you have a chemical imbalance in your brain! Your not mad just lacking a chemical! Some Peaple including myself are on meds for life! I feel totally normal with friends a successfull buisness and children! Stop fighting the meds and get back on them if they make you feel well! Nothing to be ashamed of! I fought the meds for 15 years and wasted 15 years of my life thinking meds were evil wrong not healthy! Rubbish if they work bloody use them! As life too short mate!!!! 
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice. I'm very happy when you comment on my post. Medication is good but not in all cases. When my life have some problems, I must increased dosage. So, I will be depended on it. When I depend on medication, I do not go anywhere far away my doctor. I have to take medication every day, if not, my brain will be explosive. Beside the inconvenience, every medication always have side effects, I mean bad effects in my health. So I want to overcome my illness by cognitive behaviour therapy. At this time, I tried some techniques such as: breath deeply, possitive thinking, extend my social.... I think It will be good in the future. If I go to my doctor and take medicine, maybe everything will be OK, but it's not sustainable. I want to go abroad for studying, but how can I go if I must stay near my doctor of I must take the medication every day ? 
    • Posted

For what it's worth my advise is go back on the medication, if you were diabetic because of a lack of a chemical would you stop taking the diabetes medication? 

You may need a different type of anti depressant if the side effects didn't go, at the same time as using medication do the CBT and take it from there.

You will find the same medication is available abroad as it is in the UK it may be under a different name but GP's across the world will be able to prescribe.

alternative herbal supplements as sharissa mentions also an option such as St Johns Wart so go see your local herbalist. 

• Posted

Try herbal Supplements. Go to a health food store and tell them your symtoms, they will have medication free pills that will help!!! 
  • Posted

sometimes you have to keep taking the tablets if they are going to make you feel better.  Despite peoples opinions about mental health you need to keep well on the medication.

Richard

• Posted

Thank you for all of you. After a few days, I feel better. I think I can overcome my illness without medication. If the situation is worse, I will call my doctor. Thanks a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.