Panic attack as we speak, can anyone help please?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've woke up panicking over an irrational thought that I can't seem to get off my mind. I've calmed down a bit but just need a distraction if anyone can help please? X

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried watching a video on YouTube or Netflix?

• Posted

I've started reading a book which seems to have done the trick 😊 thank you x
    • Posted

No problem. 

If you need anything at all, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

You are not alone and you can beat this.

Good luck and all the best!

smile

• Posted

Hi,

Try picking a song you like and sing the lyrics out loud. It might seem hard to remember them but try

• Posted

Thank you! Think I would wake my hubby and kids if I did that lol. I've started reading a book which is helping. Thank you for the idea though 😊 x
  • Posted

Me too. I got a job again, and I start tomorrow morning. I can't sleep. sad
    • Posted

Aww, if I ever have anything new to go to I always imagine coming home after. What it will be like and what I will do when I get home. That seems to help me! Good luck with your new job x
  • Posted

Hi, Pauline.  I have suffered from panic attacks for many years.  Thank God, I'm on the right meds now, but I'm here for you if you need me.  I live in the USA, and I have found that beta blockers, along with antidepressants and antianxiety meds work for me.  I still have one once in a while, but these things really help.  I have found that prayers, meditating, playing games on my ipad, etc. help to talk my mind off it.  Also, take a cold wash cloth and rub it all over your face and neck...very relaxing....Keep in touch, we are all here for you....HUGS.
  • Posted

concentrate on your breath, i often times sit and close my eyes and see an elevator going up as i breath in and hold the breath for a few second and then breathe out and lower the elevator , breath is very important and when we are anxious we have a tendency not to breath the wright way..

another suggestion try and do somthing you love that serves as a distraction

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.