Panic attack has been going on for 3 weeks, please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'll keep it short. I'm 18 years old and male.

About 3 weeks ago, I suffered a panic attack/hyperventilation attack for the first time in my life, I've never had any problem or any history of anxiety or depression. I was at the gym, felt dizzy and lightheaded, chest was pounding and every body part was tingling. Got sent to the ER and after 1.5 hours they managed to calm me down and have me breathe again. This was very traumatic as it had never happened before.

Anyhow, now 3 weeks later I have lost like 13 pounds in weight and it keeps going even though I'm eating right, I'm still lightheaded, I am still breathless a lot of the time, my vision has become very foggy and unfocused (can't handle too much light either) ever since the attack and I have this weird 'out of body' feeling sometimes, as if things are not real.

It's like the panic attack never stopped, physically at least! Even the doctor doesn't know what's going on, so can anyone help me please?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm not sure if you have anything medical going on but if you haven't already, you should get your thyroid checked out. If you already have and everything is fine than you probably just have anxiety. You being panicky for three weeks doesn't surprise me because anxiety/panic attacks are scary and can be a bit traumatizing. You may be getting anxious about anxiety. I know it sounds weird but i get anxious thinking about anxiety, it can be a viscous circle. I started getting anxiety in 2015 and it felt like it just came out of nowhere, like one day i woke up and my brain was broken. My advice to you is speak to a therapist or your GP sooner than later. I was one of those that thought they could handle it and just tried to keep pushing but here i am 7 years later and I'm finally to a point where i feel like i need help for my anxiety. Blessings to you, stay strong, and remember you are not alone in this struggle even though it may feel like it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.