panic attack mayhem

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys hope all isn well with you okay so basically im cripled with anxiety at the moment and i am having horrific anxiety attacks so bad that they are lasting for two hrs but the strange thing is they come in waves and im getting a burning sensation in my chest and then it goes i dont really know if it is part of the attacks as on friday it happened had to ring the ambulance to my work now im petrified to fgo to work tomorrow if it happens again also ive really itchy skin ive been taking esciltopram 10 mg the last thrre weeks i just feel so scared and that im dying consatantly any pointers would be welcomecheesygrin

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I know anxiety increases when you begin a new med and its still early days but if your finding it unbearable maybe go back to your doctors and see if this is right 🌼
    • Posted

hey louise I feel better than i did i was just raging as i felt i was getting better but than this panic attack came out of no where and i felt so dissapointed in myself and ashamed i started to cry in a&e i didn know that about the meds do you know how long it takes for full resultscrylol
  • Posted

Hi foxy3. Have you got a health food shop near you? Have you tried kalms?or rescue remedy? Have you tried reflexology? This is also very good for stress. You will not die from anxiety. Do you like hearbal tea? Chamomile and honey is very calming. Invest in a CD player in your bedroom with calm CDs ! Regards Amanda
    • Posted

Hi sorry to hear that 💐 it could take anything up to 6 weeks but could be sooner it depends on the person and the doctors should have explained it gets worse before it gets better hold on in there it does take time been through this many times myself all the best for you to get well soon 😊
    • Posted

ah thanks louise you seem to know alot about this have you suffered with panic attacks and generalized anxiety yourselfcheesygrin
  • Posted

Sorry foxy. I understand about being scared to go to work again.

Don't give into them. Keep going to work and you will have good days as well as bad.

• Posted

hey Pauline really have you felt the same yes its really annoying and i get so annoyed with myself but have you ever got that burning sensation in your chest when having a panic attack and also im scared to leave the house sometimes and hate going on the tube are these all normal behaviours with gad and panic attackscheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.